- 45 minutes
- For 4 people
- € 3 / person
- 212kcal per 100g.
How to make baked gilthead.
Today we are going to prepare a fish recipe , specifically a baked sea bream with baked potatoes .
It is a simple and very easy preparation that we can use to cook almost any other type of fish in the oven.
The gold is one of the fish more jobs in my kitchen after preparing salt to the oven’s how I like.
The sea bream is highly recommended for its delicate and smooth flavor and for the quantity of beneficial nutrients for health that we find. It is a semi-fat fish, therefore with low caloric intake, which does not need excessive external fat intake for its perfect cooking.
A very simple fish recipe , one of those I have used to you, with an incredible flavor, totally delicious.
Preparation of sea bream and potatoes
- We clean the gilthead bream and scales. This operation can be requested from the fishmonger who will do most of the work.
- We remove the head and salt the fish inside. We reserve.
- We peel the potatoes, wash them and cut them into thin slices.
- Heat a splash of olive oil in a frying pan and when it is very hot add the cut potatoes. We fry the potatoes until they start to brown.
- We remove the potatoes with a slotted spoon to a plate and reserve. The potatoes will finish making later, along with the rest of the ingredients in the oven.
- Peel the onions and garlic and cut them into brunoise, into small cubes.
- In a large skillet, heat a splash of olive oil, we can use the leftover frying potatoes once clean and strained.
- We fry the vegetables until they begin to brown. At this time we add the glass of wine, the saffron threads, the finely chopped parsley and salt. Let it cook for about 8 minutes.
Baking and final presentation of the sea bream
- We preheat the oven to 180º C.
- In a baking dish we place a bed of fried potatoes that we have reserved, which we lightly salt.
- Pour the sautéed vegetables on top and place, above all, the golden ones.
- We water with the juice of half a lemon and put in the oven at 180º C for 15-20 minutes. The baking time depends on the weight of the gilthead, in this case, it was 16 minutes.
- In the tray in the central position of the oven, with temperature above, below and air.
- To serve the fish we can do it on the same baking tray and once on the table distribute to each diner.
It is always a very handy, fast and super tasty food.
Here you have a step by step in photos where I show how to prepare this recipe for baked sea bream . Do not miss any detail so that it comes out perfect.
Tips for a roast gilt-head bream
- The gilded to the oven with potatoes is a traditional recipe that can be made with other white fish. Examples of monkfish, hake, sea bass, bream and are delicious.
- For the dish to be perfect it is important not to go overboard with the oven. It does not need excessive baking, in this case about 15 minutes. Even a little less, they would be enough to enjoy a few gilt-head breams.
- To accompany the fish in this preparation you can have a simple salad, and to drink, of course, a fresh white wine.
- Here are some ideas to prepare with this delicious fish. Whether it is browned in salt or simply with a bed of onion and potatoes , Mediterranean-style, with olives , Menorcan or Marseillaise .