- 60 minutes
- For 4 people
- € 6 / person
- 192kcal per 100g.
How to prepare a baked turbot .
This weekend it was time to go up to Galicia and one of the things I like the most when I’m there is going to the market to buy fresh, high-quality products.
There I wanted to eat turbot in the oven , as I saw it exposed in the fish shop, it made my mouth water.
So today I bring you one of those fish and seafood recipes that everyone likes, a very simple and fruitful idea where it is the oven that works for us, a baked turbot with potatoes .
The best time for the turbot corresponds to the hot months. If you see in the market that the price of turbot varies a lot from one fishmonger to another, do not think that it is because the fish is more or less fresh.
The difference in prices, within which is a fairly expensive fish, is because some are farmed (the cheapest) and others are wild (the most expensive).
In Galicia the culture of turbot is highly developed and although it reaches the markets very fresh, there is a difference in the flavor and color of this wild fish compared to the farmed one.
I have chosen this recipe with turbot because it is very easy to prepare. Perfect to enjoy with friends or family in any self-respecting celebration. What have you not tried the turbot? Well, what are you waiting for, with this recipe you have no excuses.
Preparation of the baked turbot
- Julienne the onions. We prepare a frying pan with a generous bottom of extra virgin olive oil. We add the onions to the pan. We will have them over medium heat until they are transparent.
- When the onion is ready, we will put them in the oven dish. We reserve. We cut the potatoes into sheets 1 cm thick, approximately!
- We salt them and in the same oil in which we have cooked the onions, we will fry the potatoes. They should not be very cooked, just a crisp and golden brown, they will finish cooking in the oven. When the potatoes are ready, add them to the oven source.
- We will place the potatoes bordering the source and the onion will form a bed in the center. We wash the turbot well and salt. We put it on the bed of onion and potatoes.
- We preheat the oven to 180 ° C, with heat below. Peel the garlic and chop the parsley. We pass them through the mortar.
Baking and final presentation of turbot
- Next we add the glass of white wine to the mortar and mix with the garlic and the parsley previously crushed.
- Season the fish with salt and pepper before putting them in the oven. Always at home.
- We remove and toss it on the turbot. At the same time we add a splash of extra virgin olive oil with which we have cooked the onion and potatoes.
- We put the fish on the tray in the central part of the oven. We will put aluminum foil on top covering the entire tray. We are going to keep it covered at 180 ° C, with heat only below, for 25 minutes.
- We remove the aluminum foil and we will have another 15 minutes, at 180 ° C, with heat up and down.
- Make sure that it does not pass, because depending on the oven, the times can vary one minute more or one minute less.
- We serve and taste the turbot in the oven very warm. A portion of fish, along with some potatoes and a little onion.
Do not miss any detail of the step by step of this recipe for baked turbot from my mother Rosa, in the following photos.
Tips for a Baked Turbot of Pork
- In any case, its meat is delicious . The flavor and tenderness of a baked turbot are perfect to bring children closer to eating fish.
- It is also a highly recommended food for people who have a delicate stomach. It is easy to digest and children will love it.
- I have thrown the house out the window and bought a fish copy in my beloved Costa Gallega, by the way, I have come to get some onions and potatoes that women sell in the market and that they grow themselves in their homes. This is going to be “eat bread and dip.”
- I hope you like this recipe with turbot, a category fish. One of the tastiest we can find and very grateful, how in this exceptional baked turbot. An easy recipe, but the result is a juicy, truly delicious dish.
- This recipe for baked turbot with potatoes and onion , both the fish and the rest of the ingredients are completely candied. So the little ones at home will eat fish without any problem, a fish with a mild flavor and few bones.
- On the blog you can find many more recipes with turbot, from a recipe for turbot with clams , a delicious turbot with cider , a classic turbot a la meuniere or a simple and quick turbot in sauce ! There is not much more to say about this delicacy … That you enjoy it with a good Galician wine and good company!