- 20 minutes
- For 4 people
- 3.8 € / person
- 205kcal per 100g.
How to prepare some clams in white wine .
One of the most appreciated bivalves are clams and in Galicia we can find several types, the fine, the slug, the blonde and the Japanese .
Today I bring you one of those traditional Galician clam fish and seafood recipes , clams in wine .
It is a recipe as simple in its preparation as tasty in its final result. For those moments when we want to look good but we don’t have much time, or just for when we want to treat ourselves, I recommend a top-notch recipe.
One of the ways in which we can better enjoy a good Galician seafood is, without a doubt, cooking it in the simplest way possible.
That is why today’s recipe is perfect to enjoy good quality clams, cooked to the minimum with ingredients that do not mask its flavor, if not the opposite.
I recommend eating them raw or grilled, clams a la marinera or with noodles , a la malagueña , with some fabes , in a clam stew with potatoes , we can serve them in cold dishes or cook them with this sauce that I present today.
A good wine to cook and accompany the dish, parsley, cayenne and garlic, are enough ingredients to get a luxurious clam dish.
Before starting the recipe. Clams
- It is essential to remove the sand that clams usually bring so that it is not bothersome and does not spoil the recipe.
- It is convenient to have them about three hours before cooking them in a saucepan or large plastic container.
- We must add water, a good handful of coarse salt (50/60 g. Per liter of water) and change the water three or four times.
- The clams drink and tend to drop a lot of sand, do not panic because it is a sign that the clam is of good quality, directly brought from the sand of the Ría de Pontevedra.
- Try to buy the live clams and cook them the same day you are going to prepare them. So you take advantage of the good quality of the clam and at lunchtime it will be ready.
- So that they come out of yummy I advise you to open them in a little liquid to avoid major ills.
- Some of them do not usually open and we will have to throw them away, also those that are broken.
Preparation of clams in white wine
- To make them in the saucepan we wash the clams very well in cold water and remove all the impurities. Drain and wash the clams and reserve them.
- Peel the garlic cloves and chop them into small cubes. Heat a splash of olive oil in a frying pan and add the chopped garlic and the cayenne.
- We brown the garlic until we see that it begins to take color. It is important to regulate the temperature to avoid burning us.
- Add the parsley, clams and white wine.
- We cook for about 2 or 3 minutes to evaporate the alcohol from the wine and cover the pan, leaving a corner open.
- We cook until the clams have opened, prepared in their own steam. This process will take us about 4 or 5 minutes.
Once we have the clams open, we serve them right away and enjoy a first class seafood dish.
You can see all the photos of the recipe for clams in wine in this step by step.
Tips for some chubby wine clams
- This recipe is very simple to prepare although it is important to choose the main ingredients well: clams and white wine.
- The clams that I have used on this occasion is the Japanese one, one of the variant that we can find in the Galician levels along with the fine, the slug and the blonde.
- This variety is perhaps the most economically affordable, but not for that worse, I assure you. If we get a good quantity, at the moment they are at their best point, we will be able to turn any meal into a party, a real delight.
- It would be perfect to use a good Galician wine for this dish, an Albariño or a Godello would be the ideal, both for the kitchen and for the glass.