- 40 minutes
- For 8 people
- 0.6 € / person
- 278kcal per 100g.
How to make a rice cake.
The rice is one of those versatile ingredients in the kitchen. In addition to allowing us to prepare savory dishes, it offers us interesting possibilities if we think about desserts.
Beyond the classic rice pudding , we can make other preparations where rice is the protagonist. And without hesitation, to prepare this dessert we rely on the SOS round rice that always gives us such a good result.
Baked rice cake is an example of this. With a base of shortcrust pastry and a rice and milk filling , we can make a perfect rice cake for desserts and snacks.
I invite you to cheer up with this recipe, they are really delicious.
We prepare the shortcrust pastry
- On the blog you will find the recipe to make the shortcrust pastry without complications.
- Another option to shorten the preparation time is to buy a ready-made dough, which will be enough to bake it for the necessary time.
- We preheat the oven for 15 minutes at 180º C.
- We place the dough on a baking paper and pass it to the metal mold (25 cm. In diameter), adjusting it.
- We cut if it stands out, and we prick the base of the dough with a fork, so that it does not swell once in the oven.
- We place in the central tray and bake 15 minutes at 180º C, until we see that it is toasted / golden.
- Later, it will finish with the rest of the ingredients.
Preparation of rice cake
- In a saucepan add the milk, 1 or 2 strips of lemon peel and the rice.
- When we see that the milk begins to boil, we lower the heat and cook for 25 minutes over low heat.
- We must be very aware of the casserole, stirring the rice almost constantly to avoid burning.
- We remove the casserole from the heat, remove the lemon peel, and let the rice cool before continuing with the recipe. It is recommended to cover the rice with a transparent paper to avoid that the upper layer remains hard and curdled.
- When the rice has cooled add the liquor, the eggs and the sugar.
- Mix well to get a uniform cream.
- In a 25 cm quiche mold. in diameter (the classic of 22 or 23 cm is also worth it, but a thicker cake will come out), we place the broken dough if it is already purchased, it will be the base of our cake.
- If you want to make it homemade, follow the instructions in the first part of the recipe.
- We preheat the oven to 200º C.
Baking and final presentation of the rice cake
- Pour the rice cream over the dough spreading it over the entire surface of the base.
- Bake the cake at 170º C for 25 minutes in the central part, middle tray. Heat up and down.
- Remove from the oven and let it temper before serving.
I assure you that you will find a lot of ideas to make yours much happier. You can see all the step by step photos of this rice cake recipe .
Tips for a perfect rice cake
- You can give it a touch of cinnamon, it will remind you of Asturias and its rice pudding. Cinnamon and lemon manage to add that sweetness to dessert. With a flavor similar to meringue milk. If you are going to use the touch of cinnamon, be careful with the amount of cinnamon that you add to the cake because it can be a little bitter.
- Remember that each oven is a world and that you know better than anyone how it heats. It is a recommended time, it can be 5 more minutes. Click the center to see if the cake is curdled, it must have a nice golden color on the surface.