- 25 minutes
- For 10 people
- 0.5 € / person
- 315kcal per 100g.
Easy cheesecake recipe .
This cake was the first one I made (at 12 years old) with my mother and sister.
It is a super simple and cheap cheesecake that anyone who dares with pastry can make, its preparation has nothing out of the ordinary.
I assure you that its flavor is delicious, surely many of you already know it. It also does not need an oven to prepare it and it is a very easy cheese recipe to make that has very cheap ingredients.
Cheesecake is one of the most common desserts in the world and, perhaps, one of the oldest in which they use dairy products other than milk. Maybe it’s with the American cheesecake or NY Cheesecake , or any of the baked cheesecakes on the blog.
The ones that have that special texture, denser and with a lot of dairy flavor that remind me of homemade cheesecakes , from a lifetime.
Preparation of the base of the cheesecake
- We melt the butter (we use the microwave, it is faster). With the mincer we crush the cookies (if you did not, in a kitchen cloth we toss the 25 cookies and wrap them and then crush them with a spoon or something heavy, it is not so fine but it serves the same) and we add the melted butter on top.
- We take the butter and biscuit mixture and spread it on the base of a large detachable mold. Press against the bottom with the help of a spoon or with your fingers. We put in the fridge while we make the cream cheese.
Preparation of the cream for the cheesecake
- In a bowl, place the two Philadelphia cheese cream tubs. Add half of the condensed milk can and mix with the mixer.
- The most complicated step comes from the issue of gelatin. Empty the contents of an envelope of Royal neutral gelatin into a bowl that is dry. 300 ml of water (1 glass and a half approx.) Of cold water. We separate a cup and add it to the gelatin.
- We put the rest of the water in a saucepan over the fire until it boils (or directly to the micro for 2 minutes). We remove and pour the water into the container where the gelatin had been left.
- We remove until its complete dissolution. Mix with the cream cheese and the rest of the condensed milk (half the pot that we had reserved). We lightly beat all the mixture so that it is homogeneous and without any lump.
- We assemble the cream. The best advice, that all the ingredients are cold. Unlike meringue (which should be at room temperature) the cream should be used cold. The cream, sugar and container must be fresh from the fridge. Beat the sugar and cream with the rods until compact. I assure you that with the trick of the cold it comes out perfect.
- Mix the whipped cream with the cheese mixture but gently. We better use a wooden or silicone spatula so that the cream does not come down.
- We remove the container with the cookie base from the fridge and pour the cream cheese. We return to the fridge for 3-4 hours.
Preparation and assembly of the jam topping
- If you have jam already made much better. I used to prepare a blackberry in the summer that was delicious but this time it is with a mixture of raspberries and blueberries. The 2 very rich, choose the one you like the most.
- We put in a saucepan the jam or jam and 2 tablespoons of water. We heat gently until a syrup forms. Remove from the heat and in the same container where the cheese cake is already cold, pour the syrup homogeneously. And again in the fridge for a few hours, it must be very cold for tasting.
- This cake can be accompanied by whipped cream, our favorite ice cream or a good coffee or tea.
And here you have dear friends, a delicious cake at a good price and above all very simple. Do not miss any detail with this step-by-step preparation of photos of the easy cheesecake recipe .
Curiosities and tips for a yummy cheesecake
- Among the dessert recipes we find the first record that is made of cheesecake in ancient Greece. Although the history of this cake begins with ” Marcus Porcius Caton “, he wrote the recipe for religious use, ” Libum and placenta “, the placenta being the recipe that most closely resembles the current one.
- The one who brought this dessert to world fame was William Lawrence of Chester (1872 New York). He came up with a way to make a creamier cheese similar to French cheese, Neufchatel. Surely it sounds like the name of ” Philadelphia ” that in 1912, James Kraft marketed around the world.
- This classic recipe or classic cheesecake is the simplest recipe you can find because it is mix and go. To make the cheesecake a success I have added quality strawberries , but you can use the jam or jam (as in the video) that you like the most.
- It admits a lot of variations, peach, strawberries, berries, bitter orange, mango, pear, lemon, … the fruit is the ally of this cheesecake.
- The other trick of this dessert is a neutral gelatin envelope , you can buy it in any trusted supermarket or store, it will make it have the exact texture.
- Since you are not going to use an oven the only thing you need for this cake is to prepare it overnight. It needs about 10 hours in the fridge for it to be perfect and the most fundamental thing is that you like cheese.