- 1 ½ cup quinoa
- 3 cups of water
- 1 cucumber in small cubes
- 0,5 beet thinly sliced
- 1 avocado sliced
- 2 carrots in thin strips
- 1 serrano pepper, minced
- ¼ red onion, chopped
- 5 tbsp. lemon juice
- 3 tbsp. Of olive oil
- Wash the quinoa several times, drain well and place in a medium saucepan with the water.
- Cook over high heat until it begins to boil, then lower the heat to low and cook for 15 minutes with the lid on.
- Let it cool.
- For the vinaigrette, mix the red onion with the serrano pepper, olive oil, and lemon juice.
- In a bowl, place a bed of quinoa, then distribute the vegetables and finish with the vinaigrette on top.
Your search for easy vegetarian recipes is over. We have the most delicious options, and one of them is this bowl . We give you the step by steps to prepare it today.
CURIOSITIES ABOUT VEGETARIANS (THAT VERY FEW KNOW)
- A vegetarian is a person who bases his diet on plants and omits meat. Of course, they can eat derivatives such as milk or eggs.
- The word “vegetarian” began to be used in the 19th century. Before they were known as “Pythagoras” since the famous Greek mathematician did not eat meat.
- And why didn’t Pythagoras eat meat? He had the belief that dead humans were reincarnated in animals.
- People become vegetarians mainly for two reasons: for ethical reasons of respect for animal life, or for health and/or weight loss issues.
- According to a study carried out by the Humane Research Council, in the United States, 80% of vegetarians fall back on a diet with meat before reaching one year of age, which is why there are very few.
- Of course: ex-vegetarians say they eat less meat after having known this type of diet.
- A third of vegetarians say they have changed their diet by entering into a relationship with someone who is used to eating meat.
- Vegetarians can abandon this lifestyle for other reasons. Among the main ones are health problems, economic situation or for social reasons.
- There are flexitarians: those vegetarians who occasionally eat meat. However, they are not widely accepted.
- In Australia, there are vegetarians who only eat kangaroo meat because this animal is less aggressive towards the environment.