- 90 minutes
- For 6 people
- 2.1 € / person
- 355kcal per 100g.
Making a pie sweet apple . An apple pie recipe is perfect to have a delicious and homemade dessert prepared for after-dinner.
In addition, we are going to prepare it with a slightly biscuit dough that gives it a very special touch and that makes the pie last for several days without losing consistency. Maintaining all the flavor and texture.
Choosing the right apples is important. We asked our trusted fruit bowl for advice and she recommended the reineta variety (also known as tabardilla), characterized by greenish mottled skin, a slightly flattened shape and a bittersweet flavor.
The truth is that it is perfect after roasting, because it contrasts perfectly with the sugar and cinnamon of this recipe.
Also the kneading time is crucial, if we do not have a kneader it will be necessary to spend a good time (about 20 minutes, twice as much as by machine) to work the dough with your hands until it is uniform and slightly elastic; When we try the empanada every minute it will have been worth it.
A Galician-style empanada that is reminiscent of English apple pie or Apple Pie . Without further ado, let’s go for this yummy recipe.
Preparation of the sweet dough for apple pie
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, the yeast and the grated lemon peel (previously wash the lemon well and dry it).
- We remove everything well with the help of a spatula or some rods. Add the cream cheese. Chop the butter and pour it into the bowl.
- We also sprinkle a pinch of salt. We remove with the spatula to start mixing all the ingredients.
- We do it with our hands, first working the dough and then kneading it for about 20 minutes.
- When we have a uniform ball, we cut it into two parts (one slightly larger than the other). We place a piece of baking paper on the table, put a ball of dough on it and place another piece of paper on top.
- We crush with our hands and stretch the dough with the help of the rolling pin, until it is more or less the size of the oven tray.
- We repeat the operation with the other portion of dough. There should be two sheets left, one slightly larger than the other.
Preparation of the filling and baking. Final presentation of apple pie
- We place the largest part on the baking sheet and remove the paper from the top.
- In a bowl, mix the ground almonds, cinnamon and sugar. Sprinkle the dough with the mixture.
- We peel the apples, we remove the seeds and cut them in half. We place the halves on the dough in the oven tray, with the flat side down. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar on top.
- We preheat the oven to 180º C, which will heat up while we have just made the empanada. In 10 minutes we will bake it.
- We remove the bottom paper from the other sheet of dough and place it on the apples.
- We remove the other paper. We mark the shape of the fruit with our hands and carefully so that the dough does not break.
- We seal the edges of the empanada, closing the dough below on the one above. We prick the surface with a fork.
- Bake at 180º C in the central position tray and heat up and down, without fan, for 45-50 minutes.
- When we see that the surface of the pie begins to brown, we cover it with aluminum foil to prevent it from burning.
Take out of the oven, let cool for at least 1 hour. We serve a portion and sprinkle with a little icing sugar.
To serve we cut the pie following the gaps between the apples. This empanada is delicious as a dessert, but it is also perfect for breakfast and as a snack.
If even so with the step by step and the video you are not clear, I leave you a more comprehensive step by step in photos of this recipe for sweet apple pie so that it comes out yes or yes. Do not hesitate, follow these photos.