- 40 minutes
- For 4 people
- 3.3 € / person
- 245kcal per 100g.
How to make squid rice
Among the rices considered as ” seafood rices “, rice with squid is among the essentials.
If we decide to choose fresh squid, and seasonal vegetables, the end result of our squid rice will be clearly superior.
As a base to get a category rice, there is the sofrito. We must cook the vegetables without haste, with time. It is essential to get a sofrito with a base and for this the vegetables must be well poached, soft and cooked.
On the other hand, the fish stock or fumet is another factor to consider if what we want is to get the full potential out of this rice recipe .
The richer and more substantial our broth is, the richer and more substantial our rice will be. And of course, fresh squid is better than frozen.
These three bases are necessary to get a round SOS rice with top squid.
Preparation of the squid
- We must start with the preparation of the squid. They will need to be cleaned to remove the internal viscera and the dark outer skin.
- We wash them well under the tap to remove all kinds of debris.
- Drain the squid and dry them slightly with kitchen paper.
- Cut the squid into rings and reserve.
- In a wide casserole, which we will then use to make the rice, heat a splash of extra virgin olive oil.
- Add the red and green peppers, onion and garlic, cut into small cubes.
- We fry the vegetables with a point of salt, over medium heat, for 20 minutes.
- It is important that the vegetables are well poached to achieve an optimal final result.
Preparation of rice with squid. Final presentation
- We add the meat of the choricero pepper and the peeled and crushed tomato.
- We cook a few minutes and add the squid. We cook the sauce with the squid for 5 minutes more.
- Add the rice and a pinch of saffron and sauté for 2 minutes before covering it with the broth.
- We will consider 2.5 parts of broth for each part of rice. It is important that we have the hot broth at the time of incorporating it into the rice casserole.
- We cook the rice for 13 minutes.
- We remove from the fire and let it rest only 2-3 minutes, we do not want it to pass us point.
- In addition, there must be some broth, and if we leave it for a long time in rest, the rice will continue to swell and absorb broth. To the plate directly and do not get burned.
I assure you that someday if you do, you will repeat the recipe, because it is simply yummy. And above all, serve it with a good fresh Galician white wine.
Be sure to see all the photos of the step by step of this recipe for rice with squid.