- 22 minutes
- For 4 people
- 2.2 € / person
- 280kcal per 100g.
How to make rice with spinach . Today I entered the kitchen ready to prepare something special with some great spinach that I got in the market, so I prepared Spanakorizo (σπανακόρυζο) .
It is a classic Greek cuisine dish that literally means spinach rice . This is a creamy rice dish that combined with the slight astringency of spinach, the aromatic nature of dill and the freshness of lemon, makes it an interesting option.
Of course by having feta cheese in the preparation. It brings a texture to the plate that in my opinion is perfect. They are a mixture of flavors and textures that can remind Italian risottos but of course, with the unmistakable Greek touch that contributes so much.
Its preparation is easy and fast, making it an ideal option for cooking daily during the week. It is perfect for the weekly menu, which is when, surely we are more limited with the time we spend in the kitchen.
In any case, it is a dish that will stay perfect the day after it is prepared, increasing the possibilities and benefits of this recipe. In addition to being a tasty and different vegetarian dish, it seems perfect to take to work in the tupper, thus removing a little of the so handy sandwiches that are often our easiest and most handy option.
I encourage you to other Greek recipes, savory and sweet you can find on the blog, the famous Musaka Greek , the Hummus or chickpea Greek meatballs beef Greek or vegetables made with tomato, Pseftokefedes tomato, Galaktoboureko or cake Greek milk, Baklavas and these strawberries with Greek yogurt and caramel, you will surely like it.
Preparation of the Spanakorizo
- In a wide saucepan, heat 3 or 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- When it is hot add the onion and garlic, peeled and cut into small cubes. Braise until the onion begins to soften.
- We wash the spinach, drain them and add them to the saucepan.
- We fry for 2 or 3 minutes until we see that they have softened. Add the dill and the chopped parsley.
- Salt and stir to integrate it with the rest of the ingredients.
- Add the rice and fry it for 1 or 2 minutes with the vegetables.
- We add the water or the broth in the proportion of 2 cups for each one of rice. Let it cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Add the diced feta cheese and add it to the rice. We water with the lemon juice and stir to integrate the ingredients.
- We continue cooking until we see that the rice is done. The cheese will have melted during cooking and the rice will be dry.
- We serve the spanakorizo in individual dishes sprinkling each one with dill, parsley, lemon zest and diced feta cheese. It is a fairly complete dish that we can enjoy only as a garnish for some type of grilled meat or fish.
The mixture of cheese and spices give this recipe a unique touch that speaks for itself.
You can see all the photos of the step by step in the next album .