- 90 minutes
- For 6 people
- € 1.9 / person
- 340kcal per 100g.
How to make a cheesecake with toasted cream . One of the sweet recipes that have surprised us more at home after the classic cheesecake or cheesecake .
At home we are passionate about this type of cake, it is demonstrated by the variety of recipes that we have prepared previously: easy cheesecake , mini cheesecakes in individual glasses , cheesecake with chocolate and the popular American cheesecake or New York cheesecake .
All of them have cheese in common, the main ingredient that is used as the base of the filling. Some require baking, others simply mix the ingredients and fill cups, and others go directly to the fridge where they take shape and solidify on their own.
They can be covered with jam of different flavors, fruit, caramel, quince or leave them as is. Just as they can be accompanied by different sauces or coulis with which to complement the mild flavor of the cheese.
As the main ingredient to be cheesecake we have used cream cheese, choose your favorite brand. You can also find variations with cottage cheese and even quark cheese.
For the base we use Digestive-style cookies, less dry than normal and at the same time consistent enough to make a dough that can hold the cake. If at home you like fresh and sweet cakes that are also prepared with little effort, then this tart will seduce you.
Preparation of the cheesecake cream
- We put in a saucepan over medium heat the milk, the cream and the vanilla cut lengthwise. We set aside when it is about to boil and remove the pod.
- While heating the mixture, beat 4 eggs and sugar in a bowl.
- Pour the contents of the casserole into the bowl and mix well with the eggs and sugar, return everything to the casserole.
- Heat the mixture over medium heat while stirring. When it has thickened until it has the consistency of a custard we remove it from the fire and let it cool.
- In a glass mixer (never with rods to avoid incorporating air), mix the cream cheese and the previous mixture until it is a thick, homogeneous liquid and without lumps.
Preparation of the base of the cake
- We crush the cookies with our hands or with the help of a fork. We heat the butter and mix everything on a plate until you get a paste.
- In a removable mold, we cover the base with baking paper. Then we fill it completely with the cookie dough. We cake it with a spoon so that it covers the entire surface to the edge.
- We put the mold in the fridge 15 minutes.
Baking and final presentation of the cheesecake
- We turn on the oven at 170º C. After 15 minutes, pour the mixture inside the mold carefully so as not to break the base.
- Smooth the surface with a spoon and put in the oven for 60 minutes or until set. It is also convenient to put a container with water in the lower part of the oven so that the heat is evenly distributed.
- We let the cake cool in the oven. We put it in the fridge to leave it overnight (or at least 8 hours). We unmold.
- We beat two egg yolks with five tablespoons of sugar and spread it on the cake with the help of a brush.
- We burn the surface with a blowtorch or a hot iron burner.
To serve, we cut small triangular portions with care to cut the base as well. The best thing is that their size does not exceed that of the cutlery with which we are going to separate it from the rest of the cake, so we make sure that they arrive whole on the plate.
We can already enjoy this delicious cake that is a magnificent dessert, and that can also work as a hearty breakfast.
You can see all the step by step photos of the cheesecake recipe in this album.
Tips for a cheesecake with roasted custard cream
- The biscuit base can be made only with biscuit and butter. But we at home also like to enrich it with some dried fruit. In this case we have used walnuts although they can be varied by others that you like more.
- It can also be flavored with some type of liquor or essences such as vanilla, etc. To taste.
- Adjust the sweetness point to your liking. The amount of icing sugar is indicative. We, who do not like sweets too high in sugar, find it perfect.
- Try the mixture once finished and add more sugar if you see it necessary, beating well so that there are no lumps.