- 90 minutes
- For 4 people
- € 4 / person
- 312kcal per 100g.
Soupy rice with mussels and monkfish .
I do not know if you will agree with me, I am of the opinion that rice recipes are the most useful at home.
It is also one of those recipes for sure success, a healthy and nutritious option as a menu for the whole family. The amount of recipes that we can prepare with rice are almost infinite.
In the blog you have a small sample of this are this arroz a banda , a seafood rice , an incredible rice with cod , a surprising risotto with tickets and prawns , a traditional rice with artichokes and lamb …
Today I have prepared a soupy rice with mussels and monkfish , a super juicy seafood rice with all the essence of the sea very similar to the rice with monkfish and prawns that is so successful on the blog.
Despite having molluscs and fish among its ingredients, it is not an especially expensive recipe, and the result is the best.
The crux of the matter is getting the whole soul out of the mussels and monkfish so that the rice acquires texture and flavor. If we get a consistent and good broth, the rice is almost impossible not to be yummy.
As it is a soupy rice , this time, the result is juicy and tasty. The rice with which we have prepared this rice is the SOS special broth rice that always gives us such good results.
A short-grain, round, pearl-colored rice that needs 4 to 5 parts of broth for each part of rice.
We will only have to be clear about the cooking time of the rice so that it stays in its point and add the proportion of water necessary so that the great broth of the cooking remains once the dish is finished.
It is a perfect rice to accompany with bread and enjoy in time.
Preparation of the ingredients for the soupy rice
- We put the mussels in a saucepan with a finger of water and put them on the fire. From the moment the water starts to boil, it will take about 4 or 5 minutes to be ready. Almost at the moment of opening.
- We drain the water by straining it and reserve it. We remove the mussels from their shells and remove the beards. We reserve.
- We clean the monkfish by removing the skins and the thorns that we reserve to make the broth. Cut the fish into cubes and reserve.
- In a saucepan we put the fish bones, the carrot, ½ peeled and whole onion, the clean and whole leek and a few sprigs of parsley.
- We cover with the well-strained mussels cooking water to remove any remaining sand. We complete with water.
- We salt and cook for 40 minutes until we have a very rich fish broth.
- In a wide saucepan, brown the diced onion and the garlic cloves, with 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Fry for 10 minutes and add the chopped parsley. We continue the sofrito until the onion is very soft.
- Add the wine and cook for 5 minutes to evaporate the alcohol, add the tomato sauce and continue cooking for 5 more minutes.
Preparation of broth rice with mussels and monkfish
- Add the rice to the casserole and stir to integrate it in the sauce.
- We let it cook for 2 or 3 minutes before covering it with water.
- We calculate a ratio of 4 ½ parts of water for each of rice. Since what we want is for us to have a broth rice.
- Let the rice cook for about 18 minutes from when it starts to boil.
- A few minutes before the rice is ready we distribute the fish over the entire surface of the rice. And a few minutes later the mussels without shells.
- Cook until the rice is done and the fish is cooked but tender, about 10 minutes.
We serve this very hot rice accompanied by a piece of rich bread to dip. It is a healthy and flavourful recipe, a yummy dish.
You can add a little freshly ground black pepper, at the end of the preparation so that it has a spicy point, only the point, it fits very well.
Here you have all the photos of the step by step of the recipe for this seafood broth in this album. Do not miss any detail and it will be perfect.
Tips for a Soupy Soupy Rice
- The broth is the key to the flavor, you will never make a good rice if you do not have a good broth. When making the fumet, you can also use the shells of some prawns or shrimp (and their heads).
- You will give more intensity to your rice and more seafood flavor. I explain it to you in the post of the broth or shrimp fumet .
- When we talk about amounts of liquid for a rice we must take into account the type of preparation.
- A dry rice is usually 2 and a half parts of broth for each rice. A syrupy rice, 3 parts of broth for each rice. And a broth rice, 5 parts of broth for each rice.
- Of course, any variety of rice does not serve to prepare this dish, I recommend the variety of bomba rice.
- Soupy rice uses considerably more broth than sticky rice, which only uses slightly more broth than dry rice.
- So to prepare a soupy rice you will need to use a wide container such as a casserole, a deep frying pan or a pie plate.
- The rest that I usually recommend in dry rice in this type of broth rice preparation is not necessary.
- In broth rices (which have a lot of hot broth) it is not necessary to do it, since the rice is already in its place at the end of the recipe and runs the risk of over-cooking. In general, this rice usually becomes past rice within 10 minutes of making it, so serve it immediately at the table and eat.