- 60 minutes
- For 6 people
- € 2 / person
- 310kcal per 100g.
How to make tuna lasagna.
We come back with a new recipe for stuffed pasta, something that we love at home and I think the best known, after stuffing with Bolognese sauce, is tuna lasagna.
On the blog you will already find several recipes of this type, either cannelloni or lasagna .
You will see that the lasagna is well present, and we have from the typical with meat , to the most varied, combining ingredients: chicken and spinach , vegetables and hake, zucchini .
The way we prepare it is very simple, we just have to alternate the different ingredients to insert it between the layers of pasta.
The filling that I have used for this recipe, with the tuna as the main protagonist, you can also use to prepare cannelloni . And if we look for other uses, it would even be perfect for making dumplings .
For the base of the filling, I recommend using canned tuna or Bonito del Norte of good quality.
There are many brands on the market that assure us of a good result. You can use tuna packed “naturally” or in “olive oil”, but in this case it is better to let it drain on kitchen paper, so the filling will be less “heavy”.
Any filling that we like, added to a béchamel sauce and the gratin cheese, is a culinary pleasure that you well deserve.
This lasagna recipe I am sure you will love, in addition to being delicious, it is inexpensive and healthy, with a good supply of protein and carbohydrates.
It is a forceful bite, so it is usually a “single dish.” I hope you like it and that you enjoy this tuna lasagna . It’s yummy!
Preparation of the lasagna filling
- The logical first step is to lay the eggs and cook them. In a saucepan we bring water to a boil, cook the eggs, peel and reserve for later.
- Chop the pepper into strips. We place them on a plate, cover with transparent film and cook in the microwave for 5 minutes at maximum power. With this we will get a texture similar to roasted or bell pepper. We withdraw and reserve.
- Cut the onion into “brunoise” and sauté for 5 min. (medium heat) in a pan with a little extra virgin olive oil. When it is soft, chop the peppers and add them.
- Mix, salt to taste and continue to cook another 5 minutes.
- Now we chop the cooked eggs in small portions and we also throw them with the rest of the ingredients. We mix.
- Next, we pour the tomato sauce and the tuna.
- Mix everything carefully and leave to cook over low heat for about 5 minutes.
- After time, we remove to a plate / platter and let cool. It is necessary that the filling is cold when preparing the lasagna layers.
Preparation of tuna lasagna
- It is an important step, and to make it perfect for you, follow the steps that I have already shared on the blog to prepare the bechamel .
- In recipes with lasagna or cannelloni, we must always prepare the filling before the pasta, and it must be cold before assembly. The pasta sheets, can be those that come already pre-cooked or the normal ones, to cook.
- If you buy the ones of a lifetime, we will cook them in abundant water (1 liter for every 80 gr.). As soon as it boils, we add a good handful of salt and then the pasta plates. Half first, then the rest. In this way they do not stick, and cook better.
- I recommend that you take a look at the packaging and respect the cooking times indicated by the manufacturer. Cooked the pasta, we remove it from the water, drain it and let it dry on a dry cloth. If, on the other hand, you use the “pre-cooked” pasta, it will suffice to immerse it in hot water for about 20 minutes. This time may vary depending on the brand. Remove from time to time so they don’t stick together.
Baking and final presentation of tuna lasagna
- We preheat the oven: 10 minutes, to 200º C. With everything already prepared and cold, we go with the assembly of the lasagna.
- We choose a dish suitable for the oven, with a high height (5-6 cm.). In the base we put a thin layer of bechamel, and on it we place a row of pasta plates. Trim it if necessary to leave the entire surface covered.
- Pour a little filling on the pasta and spread evenly.
- Again, we put another layer of pasta, continue with the béchamel sauce, and add some cheese. We repeat the process.
- In the upper layer we finish off with the rest of the béchamel sauce and abundant cheese for gratin, well distributed over the entire surface. We place the source in the central position and bake the lasagna.
- First 15 min. at 200º C and to give it the final touch, we leave 5 minutes with the “grill” function activated.
- In this way, the surface will brown and the cheese will be well gratinated. In this phase do not get confused and control the oven so that it does not burn. It can speed up too much and spoil the look of the lasagna.
- We remove from the oven and very importantly, we let it rest so that it settles.
- The lasagna comes out super hot and the plates will be ginned if we want to cut it at that time. After 5/6 minutes we can already bring it to the table and serve it without problems.
It is a joy to make lasagna at home. Just think about cooking it and I’m already happy about it. I hope you like it.
Be sure to enjoy all the recipes for fish and seafood that we have on the blog. You can see all the photos of the step by step in the next album.