- 60 minutes
- For 4 people
- 1.2 € / person
Today a new spoon dish before the heat enters us. It is the classic dish very easy to make, simple and very rich. They are simple potatoes, which become a luxury dish with the mashed garlic, almonds, fried bread, and the so wonderful saffron. This dish was made a lot by my mother-in-law, only with the potatoes. My contribution is to put a poached egg , because at home we really like this combination of potato and egg.
Preparation of the garlic potatoes
- Peel the potatoes, wash them and break them into regular pieces. Put them in a saucepan.
- Put the oil in a small pan. When hot, brown the whole garlic, almonds, and slice of bread. Remove them drained into the mortar. Sprinkle this oil over the potatoes and sauté a little.
- Crush the accoutrements in the mortar. Add the saffron and add a little water. Go around and toss it on top of the potatoes.
- Add hot water to almost cover them —but they do not float—, season with light salt and pepper and cook until done. It is wonderful to see how the broth thickens until it is at its point.
Preparation of Poché eggs
- To make the poached eggs , take a cup and cut some 20 x 20 cm kitchen plastic squares.
- Put the extended plastic in the cup. Brush it with extra virgin olive oil. Crack the egg and put it inside with a little salt. Close the plastic tightly, like a bundle, knotting it tightly.
- Put in boiling water for a few minutes -the time will be what we need for our taste, depending on whether we prefer the more or less curd yolk-.
- Remove the plastic carefully, and serve on top of the potatoes.
This dish is for lovers of traditional cuisine.
Tips and recommendations
It cannot be frozen. If the potato is good, admits preparing it the day before, for those of us who work outside the home, although if we come across a regular potato , it becomes green in hours, which is said in my land. The advantage, if we have a craving, is that it is a dish that is prepared in 15 minutes, which takes time to cook the potato. If you want to make it in a pot, keep about 5 minutes on the fire when the valve has risen, remove from the heat, remove the lid, and put it back for a few minutes until it reduces the broth a little and thickens.