- 35 minutes
- For 4 people
- 3.5 € / person
- 315kcal per 100g.
How to make salmon in papillote . In the fish recipe that I present today there are two elaborations that I had wanted to prepare for a long time. Well, rather it is an elaboration and a cooking technique.
I’m talking about the way you cook with papillote and the fantastic hollandaise sauce . Today we have prepared salmon in papillote with hollandaise sauce.
On the one hand, Hollandaise sauce , a kind of mayonnaise in which butter is used instead of olive oil and is prepared warm. It is an emulsion of French origin, with butter and lemon juice that is combined with egg and seasoned.
I bring you a way to prepare this sauce quickly, without having to put the egg in a water bath to link it with the fat. The salmon is covered with hollandaise sauce, this is the one that bathes the entire recipe and it depends on whether the recipe is a success or not.
On the other hand, the culinary technique of papillote or papillot , in which food is steamed and in its own juices. The food to be cooked is enclosed in an airtight package and baked.
Thus, without staining the kitchen and quickly and easily we will have as a result a fish, in this case, cooked with all its essence and aroma. The combination of salmon, vegetables and incredible easy hollandaise sauce is, in my opinion, perfect and worthy of the most demanding table.
Preparation of salmon in hollandaise sauce
- With a kitchen paper we clean well the salmon loins that we will cook each one separately.
- On a tray we place a quantity of aluminum foil to triple the size of the salmon loin. We place the fish on top, salt and sprinkle with dill.
- We wash the carrot and the white part of the leek and cut them into thin sticks. We place a part of these vegetables on top of the fish, water with extra virgin olive oil and a splash of white wine.
- We close the aluminum foil package in such a way that we have enough slack on the sides.
- It needs to be very well closed, airtight, so that when the bag swells in the oven, there is room for the steam to be generated and it does not escape through any slit.
- With the oven previously heated to 200º C, we bake each package for 15 or 20 minutes, depending on the size of the loin. We are going to put it in the middle tray with temperature up and down. We will see that the bag will be fully swollen in the oven.
Preparation of the hollandaise sauce and final presentation of the salmon
- While the fish is cooking we prepare the hollandaise sauce. To do this, put the butter on a fire in a bain-marie and let it melt without handling or removing it.
- When it starts to heat up, a foam will appear on the surface and a layer of residue on the bottom. Remove from heat and remove surface foam.
- In the glass of the blender we put the egg, the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- We begin to beat without moving the arm of the mixer while we add the butter. This we will have previously passed through a strainer to remove impurities.
- The mixer must be completely still until we see that the sauce begins to curdle. Otherwise it may not be mounted.
- We serve the salmon loins freshly removed from the oven. After having passed them to a plate and watered with the sauce that should still be warm.
- In an easy and uncomplicated way we can enjoy a category dish. A healthy, light and super tasty salmon, I recommend it.
Be sure to enjoy all the recipes for fish and seafood that we have on the blog. You can see all the photos of the step by step in the next album.