- 55 minutes
- For 6 people
- 0.8 € / person
- 156kcal per 100g.
How to make baked vegetable croquettes.
Today we woke up wanting to innovate and do things differently than we are used to at home so we have prepared some vegetable croquettes that are very unorthodox.
That is why we suggest that you change your chip and join us in this innovative adventure that we liked to rage about.
Far from the traditional dough of croquettes that our grandmothers, mothers and ourselves make, these vegetable croquettes do not have bechamel but a mixture of very delicious and delicious vegetables amalgamated with a little chickpea flour .
That we had to put something so that they would not crumble when forming them.
They are also not breaded or passed through oil, but rather are baked, so they are light and suitable to eat at any time of the day.
Especially recommended for dinner, when eating light is the best way to avoid going to bed with heaviness in your stomach.
The vegetables with which we have prepared them can be varied to the taste of each cook or to the need to give out what we have at home and that we see that we can spoil.
In this sense, our vegetable croquettes continue to be a recipe for use as well as traditional ones whose bechamel supports everything (or almost).
From a nutritional point of view, the contribution of macro and micronutrients is brutal and the absence of fat content is very grateful, especially if we have a weight control diet.
In this case these vegetable croquettes are a perfect ally. They have a lot of fiber, a lot of vitamins, are antioxidants, rich in potassium, calcium and much more.
Yes, we know, we are provocateurs, but we want you to try these different vegetable croquettes and be encouraged to do it now.
We want to imagine you dressed in your aprons and in front of the stove preparing them and, above all, enjoying them together with yours. Accompanied by a yogurt sauce or a tzatziki for a delicious snack, you will see how well they combine!
- Peel the onion and pass it on a coarse grater or cut it into fine brunoise.
- Heat a couple of tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil in a wide frying pan and add the onion. Let it cook over low heat for about five minutes.
- While the onion is poached, we wash the zucchini, remove the ends and pass it through the grater. We reserve.
- We wash the carrots and we also pass them on the grater. We reserve.
- We clean the mushrooms with a damp cloth and remove the sandy end of the stem, which we discard. Chop them finely and reserve.
- Once the onion is poached, add the vegetables to the pan and poach them in an order from highest to lowest hardness. We season with each new ingredient that we add.
- We start with the carrots and let them fry, along with the onion, another five minutes.
- Add the zucchini, stir and cook for five more minutes before adding the mushroom and soy sauce.
- We cook the whole over low heat, with the pan covered, for 10 minutes.
Dough and shape of the croquettes
- After the cooking time, we test the vegetables and adjust the salt point.
- Add the chickpea flour and stir well until obtaining a homogeneous paste that we transfer to a tray where we let it cool.
- If we are in a hurry we can put the tray in the fridge and speed up the process. If this is not the case, we let it cool down to room temperature.
- Once our mixture of vegetables and chickpea flour is cold, we take portions of it and shape it into a croquette.
- We place them on a baking tray.
Baking and presentation of vegetable croquettes
- We preheat the oven to 200º C.
- We lower the oven to 180º C before adding the croquettes. We are going to bake with heat up and down in the middle tray.
- Bake the croquettes for 12 minutes or until they start to take on a slight golden color.
- We remove from the oven and serve with a salad as an accompaniment or whatever we like best.
- We can also prepare a yogurt sauce or similar, although the truth is that these vegetable croquettes are so juicy that they do not need it.
Here you have a step by step in photos where I show how to prepare this recipe for vegetable croquettes . Do not miss any detail so that they come out perfect.
Tips for some yummy vegetable croquettes
- The vegetable combination can be adjusted to the seasonal vegetables that we find on the market at the time we prepare these vegetable croquettes. With this we will make the flavor more powerful.
- To form the croquettes we can use the technique of the mothers and grandmothers, that is to say, that of the two spoons, and we will ensure that we all have the same shape and size.
- We can also take portions of dough with our hands, in which case we will need to moisten them with water so that they do not stick to us.
- When cleaning the mushrooms, it is not convenient to put them under the tap because they fill with water and then release it during cooking. The way to clean them is by using a damp cloth or a brush to remove the remains of sand that they may contain.