- 25 minutes
- For 4 people
- € 5 / person
- 205kcal per 100g.
How to make shrimp with raincoat.
Making this fish recipe has been like a trip to the past, to those dishes that many call “old kitchen”, which are out of fashion.
The funny thing is that if someone prepares them, they are the most successful and there is nothing left of them on the table.
We could say that the splendor of this dish was in the 60s, 70s and 80s, when they were a must in the bars of any tapas bar, and they were even a fixture in the appetizers of celebrations: weddings, baptisms and communions were their perfect habitat.
Today they continue to survive in the recipes of our mothers and grandmothers, so we must give them the space they deserve.
On the blog we have other “old” recipes, which we love at home and which are also one of the most visited: Stuffed eggs , the seafood cocktail or the famous San Jacobos , are some examples.
this recipe is very simple. Basically it is a matter of coating the prawn tails in a special dough for coating called ” Pasta Orly “.
Its origin is French, and it is a light batter that is fluffy and soft.
Preparation of prawns in raincoat
- Peel the prawns, removing the head and part of the rest of the body.
- We leave the part of the tail and then we can cook and eat them easily. We reserve.
To prepare the Orly dough. Breaded
- To prepare this simple Orly pasta, add the flour to a bowl first. We pour the beer, and then the rest of the ingredients: egg, yeast, salt to taste and the coloring.
- Mix with desire, until you get a slightly thick dough, which then sticks perfectly to the prawn tails.
- It is important that there is no marzote left, so add a little water if you see that is the case.
- Let the dough rest for 15 minutes, so that the yeast and beer work.
Frying and final presentation of prawns in raincoat
- Pour plenty of sunflower oil in a saucepan and heat. That is very hot but without getting to smoke.
- In this way the batter will be made fast and fluffy.
- We are passing the prawn tails through the Orly dough, draining the leftover and we are passing them to the saucepan.
- We fry 5 at 5, so that the oil does not lose temperature.
- We move the prawns so that they are fried on both sides. In a matter of half a minute they will be ready.
- As soon as we check that they are turning golden, we remove them and put them to drain on kitchen paper, so that the excess oil drains.
- We repeat the process with the rest and list a category cover for our guests.
Accompaniment of prawns with raincoat
- I recommend you present the prawns on a plate accompanied with homemade mayonnaise .
- A mayonnaise-style sauce with a touch of garlic that pairs perfectly with shrimp. A great combination to succeed at home. A way to add more grace to the plate.
This famous cover is perfect to prepare as an aperitif at home.
Do not miss the step by step from this prawn to the raincoat on the next album.