- 55 minutes
- For 6 people
- 2.1 € / person
- 307kcal per 100g.
How to prepare a homemade lasagna .
I don’t know if I ever mentioned it to you but lasagna is one of my favorite pasta dishes. Maybe I learned how to make lasagna before cannelloni for a reason, my mother loves it.
She left me all the ingredients prepared except the béchamel , which she prepared to her liking, a little more creamy, to almost take it with a spoon.
Sprinkle with a lot of cheese and bake, when I got home from work I had the lasagna on point, perfect for eating.
This classic of cuisine is famous worldwide, not just in Italy. Ideal to carry in the tupper to work or school, and that undoubtedly succeeds among the smallest of the house.
Do not go over the quantity, with one serving is enough, a fairly complete recipe and it gives you to overcome a day full of energy.
What I always recommend is to use quality ingredients, from the pasta, in this case lasagna Garofalo , one of the best pasta in Italy. And of course, the fillings, today with meat, but you have many ways to fill it.
Following the recipe you can make it with vegetables or fish , which is a great option, tuna, hake, even combined with seafood.
Previous preparation of the meat lasagna
- We heat a large pot of water, the widest in the house. When it starts to boil add 2 generous handfuls of salt.
- We introduce the lasagna sheets one by one without touching (so that they do not stick together).
- Now we can find countless types of lasagna where it does not hydrate it as it did before. At home many times to save time I use the ones that are hydrated with the béchamel sauce and the juice that the sauce releases when baking.
- If you do it in the traditional way we have to stir with a wooden spoon and in about 10 minutes we remove the sheets.
- We spread them on some sheets of absorbent kitchen paper. Even if it seems that they are not, they will end up being done in the oven.
- The next step will be to wash all the vegetables that we are going to use in the filling very well.
- In the recipe I recommend the filling of the classic Bolognese sauce , carrots, garlic, peppers and onion.
- Although you can add the ones you like the most at home, a little celery, some wild asparagus or aubergines are perfect. Imagination and you will make an insurmountable lasagna.
How to prepare the meat lasagna filling
- We cut the vegetables into small pieces so that they come together well in the sauce.
- We cut the carrots as thin as possible. I recommend you laminate them with the potato peeler because when they are poached, if the strips are thick, they are not made. We reserve everything in a bowl.
- In another casserole we add extra virgin olive oil. We start by introducing the onion and garlic, when it is golden brown, add the rest of the ingredients.
- We fry everything at medium temperature for about 15 minutes and wait for the meat.
- Season the meat to taste and add it to the casserole with the vegetables.
- We let it pass for 5 minutes and when we see that it is changing color we introduce the bacon in very small pieces.
- We pour a glass of white wine and wait for it to reduce (another 5 minutes over medium heat).
- Add a glass of natural tomato and rectify with salt and pepper.
- We remove the meat with the vegetables and remove from the heat.
- We preheat the oven to 200º C for 15 minutes, just enough to make the rest of the lasagna.
Preparation of the bechamel sauce and end of the recipe
- While the sauce is resting we are going to prepare the bechamel , we can prepare it more creamy or more consistent depending on the measures. On the blog you have the recipe for this cream in great detail.
- To assemble the lasagna the thing is very simple. We put in the bottom of the source a few tablespoons of the béchamel sauce.
- On top of the sheets, a layer of the mixture with the meat in each sheet, again the béchamel sauce and so on until you have 3 floors.
- You can make the lasagna layers you want, well the ones that the source allows. Finally we finish with a generous layer of bechamel
- And for those who like cheese, we grate the one that you like the most, which is special for gratin. I recommend a Parmesan type curadito cheese.
- Bake in the middle tray for 15 minutes at 180º C and for 3-5 minutes on top with the gratin set to brown.
A delicious way to share food with friends and the people you love. You can see all the photos of the step by step in this meat lasagna recipe album .
Curiosities, tips and recommendations for a yummy lasagna
- The origin of the pasta is difficult to summarize in this recipe, it is easier to know when you start to call homemade pasta lasagne or lasagna .
- Cerveteri’s tomb with reliefs testifies to the knowledge, by the Etruscans, of a paste worked on a table, the ” spinatora ” in Romanesque jargon, the roller and even a small cogwheel to obtain the lasagne with an edge unequal. In the Forcellini Lexicon and in a quote by Monelli the lagana voice appeared , that is, lasagna .
- These are the origins, but the one we know today, in the form of wide plates and wheat, is from the time of the Roman Cicero, one of his favorite dishes.
- In a documented way, we can find it in Book IV of Apicio’s ” De arte cojilla” . And in a 13th century Codex, which is located at the University of Bologna, the description of how lasagna is made is read and it does not differ in any way from what you can find in today’s recipe.
- There you have it, serve it warm. I assure you that it arrives for 4 people generously. You will see how you succeed at home with this recipe, simply delicious.
- If you are one of those who with a coffee endures all afternoon without yawning, cheer up with something more powerful such as chorizo or blood sausage.
- This recipe, in addition to being economical, is a healthy recipe, full of proteins and carbohydrates. I always present it as a single dish, I hope you like it.