- 1 slice of onion
- 2 tomatoes
- 5 guajillo chilies
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup of water
- 12 corn tortillas, soaked in oil
- 1/2 chicken breast shredded
- 1/2 cup of cream, to accompany
- 200 g of Cotija cheese
- White and purple onion to decorate
- Remove the seeds from the chiles and soak them in hot water.
- Sauté the onion, add the tomatoes cut into pieces and the chilies without letting them brown.
- Peel the tomatoes and blend the ingredients with the water. Cook the sauce for 10 minutes or until it thickens slightly. Pass the tortillas in a little oil for a minute. Take them out and put them on a plate, fill them with the chicken. Arrange three on each plate.
- Bathe them very well with the sauce, add cream and cheese.
- Dice very thin slices of white and purple onion to serve.
There are green, red and even Swiss. Today it’s your turn to prepare some guajillo chili enchiladas so that you surprise everyone at home with a new recipe. Did you fancy them? We are sure yes.
GUAJILLO CHILE ENCHILADAS: PART OF A GREAT GASTRONOMIC TRADITION
The MEXICAN FOOD It is an expression of world cultural heritage, it is a fundamental part of the country’s economy and, thanks to the enormous variety of ingredients that the land offers for the elaboration of dishes rich in color, smell and flavor, these position Mexico as one of the favorite destinations of national and international tourists to taste and savor the great CULINARY OFFER.
The basic and representative ingredients of Mexican dishes are corn, chili, coriander, CHILI, BEANS, piloncillo, NOPAL and tomato, but Mexico is also characterized by its unique sauces that serve as an accompaniment to traditional dishes.
You cannot miss:10 RECIPES TO EAT WITHOUT GUILT ON SEPTEMBER 15
Tell us how you like this recipe, if you would add something to it and if it was easy for you to prepare it. The guajillo chili enchiladas will take about 25 minutes to prepare and will serve approximately 4 people. Also do not forget that we have more recipes for enchiladas that will fascinate you.
Share this and more recipes with your friends, aunt or mom because new ideas are always needed in the kitchen for the days when inspiration does not arrive.
Enjoy your meal!