- 60 minutes
- For 8 people
- 0.6 € / person
- 260kcal per 100g.
How to make a pear cake . Again, one more fall we sneak into your kitchen and turn on the oven to prepare a delicious cake.
We have opted for a fruit that we love at home, the pear , although the season is ending, you can have them without problem all year round in our fruit shop or supermarket.
A delicious fruit, sweet and with a high percentage of liquid. It gives this sponge cake a moist and tasty touch, which goes great with cinnamon. Prepare with your children this delicious sponge cake for breakfast or for a snack, they will love it with a glass of milk.
Many children do not like fruit. Therefore, so that they do not lose the contribution of vitamins they contain, we must find different ways to give them, for example with this cake.
A dessert in which it is important that the pear is ripe but firm and hard to the touch. If it is too soft it will unravel and we want to find fruit inside the cake. With what we will make this pear cake , with large pieces of this fruit and with the super easy base of the yogurt cake .
The result is magnificent, a very juicy sponge cake that completes our dessert recipes . On the blog you can find the traditional pears in wine or a sweet pie with pears , and the odd salty recipe like this risotto .
It is a juicy sponge cake with a fantastic result, almost a light sponge cake, mix between cake and cake, which is very pleasant on the palate and is not heavy or sweet. Also when carrying fruit it seems that the recipe is healthier Let’s go!
Preparation of the base of the pear cake
- The basis of this recipe is to take the glass of yogurt as a measure, which greatly facilitates the issue of ingredients. Add the yogurt to a large bowl and wash the pot or container where the yogurt comes from.
- We preheat the oven to 200º C and spread the mold that we are going to use with butter, on the base and the sides.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of flour and remove excess flour. We reserve.
- We peel the pears. I put two thin sheets at the base of the mold and two small pieces in the dough. If you want you can put all four in the dough, or put less if they are very large pears.
- We beat the eggs with some rods, when they start to blanch, add a pinch of salt. We measure the sugar (remember, they are 2 glasses) and we beat again, we already have the base ready.
- We add in the bowl a measure of soft olive oil, the chemical yeast and measure the flour again with the glass (remember that they are 3 measures).
- We put everything in the bowl and beat with some rods (you can use manual or electric, whichever you like). There should be a homogeneous and fine mass.
- If you like citrus aromas, a little coffee smell, that flavor of your favorite liquor or the touch of cinnamon, this would be the time to add any of them.
- Cinnamon is great just like apples. This step is optional and remember that if the cake is going to be eaten by children, do not add liquor.
Baking and final presentation of the pear cake
- Pour the dough into the mold and on the top decorate with the other two pears cut into segments, I recommend that it be removable 23 cm.
- This part is always done with care and using the spatula to slice the bowl well. With the silicone mold type it will be easily removed from the mold.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes depending on the oven you have.
- You have to put the future cake in the middle tray with heat up and down, without air, at 180º C.
- It is very possible that when the dough is baked, it will “swallow” the pears that were on top, or that only part of them will be seen.
- If we see that it toasts a lot at the end of cooking, when there are 10 minutes left, cover with a little aluminum foil.
- We leave the cake to temper a little in the mold. Then we unmold, passing a knife with the sheet inside out along the edges.
- We let it finish cooling on a rack to prevent it from catching moisture. Ready to eat, we can only enjoy this delight!
Do you dare to prepare it? It is perfect as a dessert or for a snack, and children (and also some adults, who have everything) will take fruit without realizing it.
You can see all the photos of the step by step in the next album .
Tips for a yummy pear cake
- This fruit releases a lot of juice when baking and as there is so much fruit in the cake, the center is soft, cream type, which makes each piece full of fruit.
- It is ideal to drink both warm and cold, with which we can do it in advance if we are interested. The recipe is suitable even for celiacs as we can substitute wheat flour for corn starch.
- If you do not have a silicone mold, it is best to grease with a little butter and we put baking paper in the base to make it much easier to remove from the mold.
- When baking, it is important not to open the oven. Also at the end of the baking time, prick with the tip of a knife, if it comes out clean when you click in the center of the cake, it will be done. Easy isn’t it?