- 15 minutes
- For 6 people
- € 0.9 / person
If you do not know what to prepare for dessert this Christmas, you do not have time or you are even starting in this kitchen, I have your recipe, Jijona nougat pannacotta . In just 15 minutes of cooking you will have a dessert ready that everyone will like, super easy to prepare and that you can accompany with a lot of sauces, the one you like the most at home. On the blog I have the base recipe for the Italian-style pannacotta , I have adapted it for this Christmas and a few have already fallen at home, between tests. The most difficult thing is waiting for the 2 hours that have to be in the fridge, but if you have the will power I think it will be a piece of cake.
The pannacotta goes with Jijona or Xixona soft nougat almost undone, simply dissolved in the cream so that you find stumbles like the nougat ice cream , that’s how we like it at home. If you do not like it this way, you just have to pass the cream through the mixer and you will have a more compact sweet.
The panna cotta or panacota , is one of the most typical sweets of Italian pastries, its appearance is like that of a cheese flan but with a much more dairy flavor. It is also one of those recipes that admits a lot of variations, from chocolate, coffee, cheese, strawberries … you can find many flavors, you just have to choose the one you like the most at home.
I leave you with this dessert so creamy that it will appeal to adults and children, delicious, simple and not heavy at all, perfect for this Christmas. We can even play with the recipe to change the molds for those who want the smallest of the house, so you will have them almost playing with them in the kitchen. And of course, it is a perfect recipe to take advantage of that nougat that we have left in the pantry at the end of these dates. I hope you like it and you are encouraged to prepare it at home.
Preparation of the nougat panacota (15 minutes)
For this dessert you can use the mold or molds (as in this case) that you like, I used those of the flan mold to make individual portions, but in a large one it will also be very good. You can use the typical individual aluminum containers to use and throw away, you can find them in any supermarket or large area. Remember that the recipe gives just 8 containers, so if you need to make more quantity because you are going to have more guests, increase the quantities of the recipe adapting them to your needs.
- Pour the cream or milk cream into a saucepan and heat it up a bit. Add the sugar, the vanilla essence and the whole milk and heat slowly without letting it boil until the cheese mixes with the cream. We beat everything integrating the flavors, leave at minimum temperature to add the gelatin. You can use brown sugar instead of the blanquilla, it will be a little darker, with a more golden color and just as good.
- We prepare the gelatin according to the directions on the package. We dilute the leaf gelatin in a cup with warm water, it should be soaked in the water for 3-4 minutes. The leaves do not dissolve, but they soften. After this time, you have to take them with your hands and squeeze them gently. Then we add them to the rest of the ingredients in the casserole and stir until they are completely dissolved, mixing well with a fork or spoon.
- Cut the nougat bar into squares and dissolve them with your fingers inside the casserole. If we want to have a finer panacota we can pass it through the mixer, so we will not notice the almond pieces that the nougat may have.
- We distribute this cream in the small custard glasses that we have prepared and let them rest in the fridge before unmolding them. It is best if they stay overnight if possible and before serving, we mold them like custard. The demoulding is easy, the upper part will need help, we pass a knife through the sides so that it takes off easily, it is the stickiest area. The nougat panacota is better from one day to the next, but if we are in a hurry in 3-4 hours we have it done. Another trick to unmold without problems would be to put the mold in very hot water for a few seconds and turn around, surely you will have no problems.
- We serve in an individual plate and decorate each panacota with a toffee sauce, with chocolate shavings, pieces of crumbled nougat, icing sugar, sprinkled with pure cocoa powder, with caramel, coffee or dulce de leche sauce as in this case. For options that do not remain, I assure you that they are delicious.
Preparation of the nougat panacota with “Kenwood” Cooking Chef (10 minutes)
Necessary accessories : flexible mixer
- Hydrate the gelatin leaves in a cup with water. We couple the flexible mixer and place the cream, the sugar, the vanilla essence, the nougat pieces and the whole milk. We heat to 70º C at speed 1.
- When the cream begins to boil (after about 8 m), turn off the temperature button. Squeeze the gelatin, to remove excess water, and place in the bowl.
- We distribute this cream in the small custard glasses that we have prepared and let them rest in the fridge before unmolding them. The nougat panacota is better from one day to the next, but if we are in a hurry in 3-4 hours we have it done.
- We serve in an individual plate and decorate each panacota with the sauce that you like the most.
I assure you that it will delight the whole family, young and old. Triumph assured with this dessert so simple to prepare this Christmas.
You can see all the photos of the step by step in the next album.