- 60 minutes
- For 10 people
- 0.4 € / person
- 305kcal per 100g.
How to prepare some lemon muffins .
If you like cupcakes, surely you are lovers of cupcakes .
At home they are a perfect resource for breakfast, but if we also enrich these small biscuits, we can enjoy, not only a tasty sweet, but a small cake made in a very simple way.
Today I have prepared some lemon muffins stuffed with lemon curd .
It is not only about flavoring some classic homemade muffins , but also giving them a touch with a cream, in my opinion, very good, the lemon curd .
This is a lemon cream typical of English pastry that is cooked with eggs, sugar and butter. The result is super creamy and smooth with the unmistakable acid touch of lemon.
We can have the lemon curd prepared in advance, reserved in boats to enjoy it at any time and prepare these muffins when we have a craving.
It is not necessary to complicate with pastry bags or laborious methods, we can include the cream inside the dough at the time of baking or introduce it with a bottle with a long nozzle once cooked and cold.
Finding ourselves with a little lemon curd in each bite of this lemon-flavored cupcake is, in my opinion, a vice that you will have a hard time leaving.
Preparation of lemon muffins
- In a bowl mix the sugar, the eggs and the lemon zest. We beat the mixture well until we see that it is completely homogeneous.
- Add the cream, the lemon juice and the oil. I use sunflower oil instead of olive oil because it brings a much less invasive flavor to the masses. Beat for 1 more minute.
- We incorporate the flour and the yeast sifting it. With a spatula we integrate the ingredients, without beating excessively, just enough so that they are integrated. We keep the mixture in the fridge for about 20 minutes.
- While we preheat the oven to 200º C, we are filling the paper cupcake capsules.
- We place them in the holes of the cupcake tray and fill each of the molds leaving 1/3 of their height free.
- Sprinkle with sugar and put in the oven. We cook at 200º C for 10 minutes and lower the temperature to 180º C for 4 or 5 more minutes.
- We check that the muffins are ready by pricking them with a stick and checking that it comes out clean.
- Once we have the muffins ready we let them cool on a rack before filling them.
- To fill the muffins we put the lemon curd in a bottle with a thin, long spout. We are filling the muffins.
You can see all the photos of the step by step in the next album .
Tips for some fluffy lemon muffins
- We have several options when filling them, we can use a corer and remove part of the central area of each cupcake and fill it with lemon curd.
- You can also make a series of holes in its surface with a stick. For example, a Chinese toothpick, and fill in each of the holes.
- We can enjoy these lemon muffins filled with lemon curd both for breakfast and snack. It is a fresh and light bite with a great citrus flavor without losing its sweetness.
- One of those dessert recipes that will stay home forever. In addition, when filled with cream they will retain their moisture for a longer time, so the conservation time in perfect condition will be longer. Although if it happens to you like me, they will last you very little.