- 20 minutes
- For 4 people
- 3.8 € / person
- 215kcal per 100g.
How to make turbot in sauce .
Microwave cooking is not something very common at home, but occasionally a recipe falls.
One of its advantages is that they are dishes that are prepared quickly and also we do not stain too many dishes .
This turbot in sauce is the demonstration that exquisite fish recipes can be prepared in the microwave .
The main premise is to respect the cooking times of each food, in this way it will be right for us and we will enjoy it twice.
The choice of fish has been turbot . I know that many people give you enough respect to cook it, but you have to miss it, because it is very “grateful” and with a minimal elaboration it will give us all its flavor and texture. In order not to get involved with the fish, we will use the 4 fillets that are removed from the turbot, 2 for each loin.
Ask the fishmonger to prepare them for you, as if they were for frying. 4 pieces of ration turn out, practically without spines. Of course, go for pieces about 1.5 Kg., So that we are not hungry.
It is possible to find turbot all year long in fishmongers, when raised in aquaculture. Spain is one of the world’s largest producers, and therefore the market is always well supplied.
The times and powers that I detail are based on the microwave I have at home. Adapt times and powers to yours.
Anyway, always try not to overdo it, there is always time to give it a little more preparation.
Preparation of turbot in sauce
- Chop the walnuts (if applicable), chop them into quarters and reserve.
- We clean the mushrooms lightly, with a kitchen paper, so as not to damage them too much. Do not run them under running water. Chop them into sheets and place them in a microwave-safe bowl.
- We put the butter in pieces, and cook them (covered) in the microwave: 5 minutes at maximum power (800w). We remove from the micro. Add a tablespoon of flour and mix well, this will make the sauce thick.
- Add the wine, the chopped walnuts, the chopped parsley and season to taste. Mix and cook in the micro, 4 minutes at ¾ power (600w). Halfway through, we stop and mix again. After the total time, we cover and reserve.
- Now it is the turn of the turbot. Salt the fillets to taste and place them on a microwave-safe tray. Sprinkle the juice of one lemon on top. We cover the source and cook 7 minutes at 75% power (600w). With this method it will be steamed, with the citric touch of the lemon. We remove and reserve, well covered.
- We are going to finish off the sauce. Add the 100 ml of cream and stir with the rest of the ingredients. We introduce in the micro and cook 2 minutes at maximum power. We stop halfway and mix again. Here we must ensure that the cream comes to a boil. It has to be a creamy and somewhat liquid sauce. If you like it with more body, give it one more minute of time.
- We plated a fillet of turbot and on top the warm sauce.
A luxury dish, simple, very rich, and also we have not stained the kitchen much. I assure you that the fish is with an excellent texture and flavor.
Be sure to enjoy all the recipes for fish and seafood that we have on the blog, I assure you that you will find a lot of ideas to make yours much happier. If you want to see the step by step of this recipe you can see it in the following photo album .