- 20 minutes
- For 4 people
- 1.1 € / person
- 305kcal per 100g.
How to make some nachos with cheese . The simple recipes with a touch of outside I love, you see that the blog is full of traditional cuisine many times with a different touch. Mexican cuisine is full of this type of dishes, its famous and helpful Tex-Mex .
From burritos , tacos and fajitas as the most famous, although I am in love with the pastor tacos , the cochinita pibil , their enchiladas or the chicken , beef or pork wires . They are all dishes that succeed when I have a snack dinner with friends. And of course, the nachos with cheese could not be missing on the blog.
I present you a very basic recipe, simple to prepare and of course, fast. These nachos will get you out of trouble more than once when you don’t want to get complicated in the kitchen. There are thousands of companions and ingredients to prepare nachos, in each house they like it in a way. I have opted for the simplest and most classic version.
With a step by step well detailed so that they come out as delicious the first time, melted cheese cream, corn tortilla chips, a little guacamole , pico de gallo and a few pieces of grilled chicken.
A perfect appetizer recipe for a good theme night. From this recipe you can prepare your nachos as you like, with minced meat, chorizo, beans, peppers … imagination to power to create your favorite dish. Do you cheer up?
Preparation of corn tortilla chips
- It is very simple. We chop the corn tortillas to your liking, in more or less small triangles. Fry in abundant sunflower oil until golden.
- We go to a source with absorbent paper to remove the excess oil. And ready to continue with the recipe. Logically, if you already have your favorite brand of nachos or tortilla chips, you can skip this step.
Preparation of the cheese sauce for the nachos
- For the cheese sauce we just have to put the cream over medium heat and when it begins to boil add the grated cheese. Always without stirring until it thickens.
- We lower the heat to a minimum and wait for us to see that everything is integrated and that it has the desired consistency. If you like it with more cheese, you can melt the cheese with less cream to make it thicker and better stick the corn tortilla chips.
- Another advice is that you do not stop stirring because it can burn the bottom and we do not want to spoil the recipe, so the temperature at 2 or 3 of 10 induction points. Once the cheese sauce is ready we leave it aside before assembling the plate.
Preparation of the chicken and vegetables. Accompaniment of the nachos
- We clean the fat that is left on the chicken breast. Chop the chicken breast into strips and reserve.
- We cut the tomato into cubes and the julienne half onion (thin strips).
- Sauté the chicken in a frying pan over medium heat with a few drops of extra virgin olive oil until the chicken changes color. As soon as it is golden on one side, we turn it around and let it be done. We remove to a plate and fray with our hands.
- In the same pan, sauté the onion and jalapeño, as soon as they change color, remove from the heat. They have to be al dente, with 2 minutes is more than enough.
- Add the raw tomato pieces and the juice of a lime. We combine with the frayed chicken and season with salt and pepper.
- We put a little chopped coriander on top and we have our filling ready. If you like the spicy touch (in addition to the jalapeños that we are going to add) you can do it now. A few drops of Tabasco or Valentina sauce will go great.
Baking and final assembly of the nachos with cheese
- We use a dish or dish that is oven safe. We cover it well complete with the tortilla chips (corn tortillas). Then we place on top with the chicken filling and spread evenly throughout the dish.
- To make the recipe with packaged nachos you have to be more careful when gratinating because the edges burn more easily. Be careful, although at 180º C you should have no problems.
- We cover with the cheese sauce and gratin (we only turn on the function of gratin or grill) about 3 minutes with the oven preheated to 180º C. Use the top of the oven, do not put it in the middle, so you take advantage of the heat and will do faster.
- As soon as we see that the cheese is melted and browned well, we remove it from the oven without burning. The microwave does not work because the nachos are going to soften and after a few minutes they harden and are difficult to eat.
We serve quickly with a little guacamole or pico de gallo on the side (it looks great). Let’s enjoy right now! Come on, come on, get up, get up!