- 45 minutes
- For 4 people
- € 10 / person
- 265kcal per 100g.
How to make monkfish in green sauce . A perfect sauce for any fish and incredibly easy to cook. I propose you a little ” Monkfish in green sauce”.
Although in our gastronomy it is hake a la Koskera or hake in green or Basque sauce , the best known recipe, the truth is that this sauce is suitable for any type of fish or even to prepare potatoes or vegetables in sauce green.
It admits a great variety of ingredients. In my case I will only add the clams, the monkfish and a little boiled egg, but if you want you can complete this dish with some fresh white asparagus and a handful of peas. In any case, this recipe well deserves a good piece of bread, because the sauce can not stay on the plate, in fact at home we do not leave a drop.
Depending on where in the world you are, you will see how this sauce varies a lot. In fact, in Italy, it is called the green sauce that we know here as pesto sauce , and that we generally use to cook pasta. But in Spain the ingredients and elaboration are totally different and its simple elaboration is a classic on our tables.
In the kitchen you can complicate yourself or prepare a delicious dish with some pre-cooked items. I mean the fish broth. If you have bought a whole monkfish I recommend that you make a fumet with the bones and heads of the fish. But if you have only bought the frozen cola or monkfish, the simplest thing is that you buy the fish broth prepared. Having said all this, choose your ingredients and get to work. Success is guaranteed!
Preparation of monkfish in green sauce
- We put the clams to soak so that they release the earth. We reserve.
- Peel and chop the garlic cloves. Add a stream of olive oil to the casserole that you are going to use (I recommend a low but wide casserole) and brown the garlic.
- Chop into very small cubes or grate the onion and add it to the casserole so that it cooks together with the garlic.
- When these two ingredients have cooked, add a tablespoon of flour. We stir well so that it integrates with the rest of the ingredients for one or two minutes. What we intend with this step is to prevent the flour from becoming the protagonist of the flavor of the green sauce. Chop the fresh parsley and reserve.
- We put 2 eggs to cook. We cover them with cold water and cook 10 minutes from the boil. We should not cook them any longer since a dark greenish halo forms around the yolk that is unpleasant to the eye. With these indications you have to be perfect. We reserve.
- Follow this video and they will be perfect for you.
Final presentation of monkfish in green sauce
- Next we pour the white wine, the fish broth and the chopped parsley and let the sauce cook over medium-low heat for 8 or 10 minutes. Add salt to taste.
- Season the monkfish with salt and pepper and add it to the casserole together with the clams. We let it cook covered. We move the casserole from time to time, until we see that the clams are open and the monkfish is ready. This process will not last more than 5 minutes. We rectify salt if necessary.
- We serve immediately and decorate with the cooked egg.
The monkfish in green sauce with clams should be served quickly so that the sauce is very hot. Ideal to accompany it with a white wine from my land, a very fresh Ribeiro or Godello and a lot of Galician ball bread, because this sauce is glorious.
Be sure to enjoy all the recipes for fish and seafood that we have on the blog. You can see all the photos of this monkfish recipe in green sauce in the step by step in the next album.