- 60 minutes
- For 4 people
- 0.8 € / person
- 265kcal per 100g.
Macaroni with ratatouille and mushrooms .
Pasta is one of the most versatile ingredients I know, it gives us the possibility of making all kinds of gastronomic combinations to obtain delicious recipes.
These macaroni with ratatouille and mushrooms are easy to make and it slips into my house as one of the most flavorful dishes and we prepare them often.
This recipe we can fit into the category of recipes with vegetables , they are perhaps a declaration of good intentions, because it has a large amount of vegetables and vegetables in the form of ratatouille that combines perfectly with pasta.
Although a priori it may be a somewhat complex meal due to the amount of ingredients, it is a quite tasty dish, although it is still a light and also vegetarian recipe.
The simplest and fastest dishes are very suitable for preparing children for lunch or dinner. If it is also a pasta dish, you will surely like it, as in the case of this colorful pasta recipe.
You can use macaroni like in this case or fusilli Primavera from Pasta Garofalo that gives us such a good result.
One of those unique dishes that everyone likes and that looks really cheerful and colorful at the table, so it can be very attractive for the little ones too and so they eat more vegetables. You dare?
Preparation of the pasta
- Heat a liter of water for every 100 g of pasta in a large saucepan. The 100 g is the recommended measure per person, except if we are passionate about pasta.
- When it starts to boil add 2 generous handfuls of salt and a splash of oil. Next we add the pasta. We stir with a wooden spoon so that the macaroni does not stick and are loose.
- Once the 10 minutes have elapsed, drain the pasta immediately and run the macaroni in cold water (to cut the cooking). With this process we will achieve what is called pasta “al dente” or at its right point, that is, that the pasta does not pass.
- It is easy to test, inside the macaroon it has to be like a thread of raw pasta and when they are tested they are a little hard.
- Sprinkle the pasta with a little olive oil and reserve it.
Preparation of the ratatouille and final presentation
- To prepare a good ratatouille we need some good ingredients from the garden: tomatoes, onions, peppers and zucchini (in some cases I have prepared it with aubergines.
- It depends on the taste of each one and what they have in the fridge, such as the variant of the mushrooms in this case).
- The most important thing for it to turn out well is the cooking order: first the onions, then the peppers, the zucchini and finally the tomatoes.
- We must be careful not to use too much oil so that the ratatouille is not oily.
- We wash the vegetables very well. We chop everything into blocks of similar size.
- Add a good oil to the casserole and fry the onions and peppers over low heat, until golden. It will take 5-10 minutes.
- Add the zucchini about 5 minutes without letting the onion and peppers burn. We rectify salt and pepper and reduce it a bit.
- We blanch the tomatoes, remove the skin and cut them into cubes.
- We remove everything gently and finally we add the tomatoes and the mushrooms.
- Let it cook for 15 more minutes until the tomato and the mushrooms are made. We add a tablespoon of sugar to correct the acidity that the tomato gives.
- We remove from the fire and decorate each plate of macaroni with a little oregano and parsley.
Let it rest for about 5 minutes before serving this recipe for macaroni with ratatouille and mushrooms, so that the flavors are perfectly combined.
We can serve with a bit of grated cheese on top, although this step is optional.
A very healthy dish that will bring a lot of flavor and energy. Take advantage!
You can see all the photos of the step by step in the next album .