- 60 minutes
- For 4 people
- € 1.5 / person
- 280kcal per 100g.
How to make roast chicken with mustard and honey .
I admit it, I love roast chicken in all its forms and preparations.
I imagine that you will have noticed by the amount of chicken recipes that you can find on the blog.
I like how easy it is to get a rich and healthy dish with this type of meat. Because its price is cheap, because it is low in fat, making it light and easy to digest and because it is delicious.
On the blog you have some more recipe with baked or roasted chicken , like lemon roasted chicken , almost as easy as this recipe. Although not with thighs like in this case, but with one of the parts that I like the most, the famous wings in the oven with barbecue sauce .
But there was one that I had wanted to prepare for a long time and it is among the classics, roasted chicken with mustard and honey .
Initially, if we talk about roast chicken, it is almost impossible that we do not have a great recipe, but in this case, the chicken is accompanied by a sauce that personally seems impressive to me, with mustard, honey and a touch of alcohol, brandy.
The combination of mustard with honey is perfect for dressing, marinating, seasoning or accompanying almost any type of meat, not just chicken, try it at home and you will tell me.
As always, the secret to the success of the dish lies in the quality of the ingredients , the better the chicken the better the result. With the same mustard, it should be, if not the best, if you like it the most.
The crux of the matter is in the proportion or percentage of the ingredients. If more or less quantity of mustard or honey.
In this recipe I have found the personal balance of these two products in a sauce, creating a sweet and sour accompaniment where the chicken is cooked, which, I assure you, is yummy.
Preparation of chicken with mustard and honey
- We clean the chicken ham, removing the skin. For those passionate about chicken skin, you can leave it to be done in the roast.
- We also remove the remains of fat. We place the chicken in a dish suitable for the oven, pour the brandy lightly and reserve.
- In a bowl mix the minced garlic cloves, the mustard, the honey (you can substitute it with a honey mustard sauce ), the chopped fresh parsley and the lemon juice. Mix well.
- With a kitchen brush, spread ¾ parts of the sauce on the chicken, reserving the rest.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- With the previously hot oven, bake at 180ºC for 25 minutes.
- After this time, we turn each of the ham and spread them again with the rest of the sauce. Bake 25 minutes more.
- We serve the roast chicken with honey and mustard very hot.
I recommend you accompany it with a garnish of white rice, roasted, cooked, fried potatoes or with a salad.
If you have different and special flavors, you will like this dish. With the crispy exterior of the chicken and very tender inside.
You can follow the photos of this carousel with the step by step of this recipe for roast chicken with mustard .