- 60 minutes
- For 10 people
- 0.4 € / person
- 290kcal per 100g.
C ow do Miguelitos Roda . Today I bring you a recipe with its own history, the Miguelitos de crema .
It is a sweet puff pastry filling filled with pastry cream , typical of the Albacete town of La Roda , which could not be more delicious. The consumption of this dessert rises in September, at the Albacete Fair , although it is taken at parties, I do not think anyone will tell you that not throughout the year, perfect with a coffee or tea.
If someday you have the opportunity to come by La Moderna pastry shop , do not hesitate to buy a dozen of these sweets, but in the meantime I suggest that you dare to prepare them at home. It is a very simple, inexpensive and very easy recipe that I am sure you will love.
It seems that around 1922, Tomás Andrés Núñez founded a pastry shop in La Roda that has made these puff pastries famous, ” La Moderna “. Today his descendants continue to make these cakes with the same secret recipe for cream and puff pastry that his family gave so much fame is his day.
Although the original Roda puff pastries are filled with pastry cream, you can find them with chocolate cream, white chocolate, dulce de leche, whipped cream or with any other sweet cream that we have.
Quick and very easy to make, these puff pastries, in addition to being delicious, are so simple that they are suitable for any novice in the kitchen, a wonderful serendipity to surprise your loved ones with a delicious and homemade dessert .
Preparation of the cream filling for miguelitos
- The first thing we do is prepare the pastry cream . For this we dilute the cornstarch in 50 ml. of milk and reserve. In a bowl beat the egg with the sugar until it foams and reserve.
- Heat the rest of the milk with the lemon and orange peel and the cinnamon stick. At the moment it begins to boil, remove the saucepan from the heat and add the beaten egg with sugar.
- Mix well and put the saucepan back on the fire, incorporating the milk with the cornstarch and removing the skins and the cinnamon stick. Without stopping stirring at any time and over medium heat, we cook the cream as it thickens. When it returns to a boil, remove from the heat and continue stirring for a few more minutes until there is a smooth and smooth cream.
- Pour the pastry cream into a wide bowl and stir periodically until it has cooled. It is important to remove the cream from time to time so that it does not form a hard crust on the surface as it cools.
- Pouring the cream into a wide bowl makes the chilled one. When the cream is cold, cover it with plastic wrap so that it is in direct contact with the cream.
- We can prepare it in advance of the day we are going to start preparing the miguelitos as long as we keep it in the fridge.
Preparation of the miguelitos. Baked
- To prepare the puff pastry, we extend the griddle, which should be square to take advantage of the entire griddle. So we can prepare all the pieces the same. Once extended, we divided it into equal portions, I made 16 squares.
- With the oven previously heated to 200º C we bake the puff pastry pieces. We place them on sulfurized paper in a tray suitable for oven. Baking time for 15 minutes.
- Once baked, remove them and let them cool on a rack before filling.
- When the puff pastries are very cold, prepare the cream by removing it from the fridge and beating it again to homogenize it.
Montage of the miguelitos de crema. Tasting
- We fill a pastry bag or a simple plastic bag to which we will cut the tip.
- We open the puff pastry in half, with the help of a serrated knife and very carefully.
- Fill each portion with pastry cream and place the lid on top as a sandwich.
- We prepare the syrup by heating the honey in the micro with a pinch of water.
- With a kitchen brush we paint the surface of our miguelitos with the syrup. And finally we are placing them in the serving dish and sprinkling with plenty of icing sugar.
It is an absolutely delicious dessert, ideal to kill the bug at any time, either mid-afternoon or mid-morning.
Be sure to enjoy all the yummy sweets in our dessert recipes.
You can see all the photos of the step by step in the next album.