- Very easy
- 10 minutes
- For 2 persons
- € 1.5 / person
- 156kcal per 100g.
How to prepare a citrus granita at home . Today’s recipe could not be healthier, loaded with vitamins such as orange juice for breakfast but with a more citric touch.
This was the dessert-glass that I prepared at a dinner with friends this weekend, the base was a citrus granita that each accompanied with their favorite alcohol (rum, vodka and gin). With what the cup turned into a do it yourself, a complete success. If you want to make it suitable for children, all you have to do is replace the alcohol with more juice, perfect for a birthday or a children’s party.
When we talk about slush, we think of a chilled or grated ice soda with a syrup of various flavors. It is usually sold in ice cream parlors and bars on summer dates, but we can also make them at home easily, quickly and throughout the year . This drink recipe refreshing , it is ideal in summer to calm the high temperatures at any time. But also as a culmination to a hearty meal, replacing the usual teas or coffees, or in the afternoon, taken with some homemade cookies.
You can prepare iced coffee, the famous fruit smoothies , soft drinks, juices, smoothies, mojitos, margaritas, beer with lemon … Imagination to the power, any drink or combination becomes granita in just a few minutes when pouring it into a glass made with silicone that It allows you to freeze it and use it as many times as appropriate, without limits.
It does not take much to make a citrus granita, it is easy to learn how to do it and this same recipe will serve you to do it with other types of drinks and ingredients. Remember that it is perfect for good hydration due to its large amount of water, full of salts and vitamins, based on fruit , a super refreshing combination that you have to try.
Preparation of citrus granita
- First we put an empty large plastic bottle and wet with water (inside and outside) in the freezer. About 4 hours until it freezes. The time will depend on the temperature of your freezer.
- The inside of the container once frozen allows the temperature to quickly rise to the beverage.
- We select the citrus fruits that we like the most, if you like the sweet touch of the orange more, we add more quantity. If you like a little more acid, we add more lemon or lime.
- We make citrus juice and strain possible seeds, add the amount of sugar (or sweetener) that we want (if the oranges are very sweet it won’t be necessary) and mix well.
- We put it in the fridge for a while, it must be cold.
- We put the juice in the frozen container, only up to half of it. We put the cap and leave in the freezer half an hour.
- We squeeze the bottle and serve in a tall glass the semi-frozen mixture with a creamy consistency. It can also be done quickly if you have an American type glass mixer. It would be even easier, just put the juice with the citrus and add ice frappe (crushed ice) like the mojito.
- Crush in high mode so that it becomes a granita. The amount of ice should be 40% of the drink.
- Enjoy this granita as is or accompanied by a shot of your favorite alcohol. A dessert and a glass at the same time, an adult pleasure. Simply delicious.
A perfect sweet recipe to spend a fun time with the little ones at home. Here you have a step by step in photos where I show how to prepare this recipe for citrus granita . Do not miss any detail so that it comes out perfect.