- 40 minutes
- For 6 people
- 1.2 € / person
- 302kcal per 100g.
How to make a cream and strawberry tart in puff pastry .
This is one of those dessert recipes that is a clear example that you don’t have to be a pro cooker to make a delicious cake.
A practical demonstration that, at home, without much knowledge of cooking, with just a little time, we can prepare desserts and yummy desserts.
This cake consists of two preparations, which one is simpler. On the one hand, a pastry cream that is super easy to prepare and very rich.
On the other hand, a gloss for cakes based on water, sugar and gelatin that will help our cake look bright and beautiful for longer. With these simple guidelines, a roll of puff pastry and some rich and healthy strawberries, we can prepare a cake of pastry cream and strawberries in luxury puff pastry .
In the blog you have with a little more elaboration the famous cream strudel , the miguelitos de crema or the traditional Basque panchineta , all are perfect recipes to master the technique of puff pastry and pastry cream.
To help us even more, we can prepare the homemade pastry cream in advance, the day before, for example, and finish off the cake the same day that we are going to consume it.
We do not always have an idle afternoon to dedicate to cooking, so being able to make these types of sweets at times will surely encourage us to prepare them more regularly.
It is a cake as simple as it is tasty, the flavor of homemade pastry cream, strawberries and puff pastry base is one of those classics that are always a sure hit.
Preparation of the pastry cream
- We start by preparing the pastry cream to have it ready when we start with the cake. It is important that we make a rather thick cream, so that it lasts well when cutting the cake.
- We can do it with some advance, even the day before, so we distribute the work.
Baking the puff pastry for the strawberry tart
- We spread the puff pastry sheet on a round mold.
- We keep the parchment paper that comes with the package under the dough. If you fancy a 100% homemade cake, you can cheer up and prepare the puff pastry yourself.
- Although it gives some work the result is worth it. On the blog you can find a recipe, step by step, to prepare it without problems.
- We prick the entire base of the cake with a fork and, with the oven previously heated to 180º C.
- Bake the puff pastry base for about 20 minutes, until golden.
- I advise you to be very aware of the dough in the oven.
- Surely, despite being punctured, the dough will tend to swell during baking. When so, you have to open the oven, click again with a fork and that’s it. That way it won’t go up.
Final presentation of the strawberry cake
- While the puff pastry is baking, we hydrate the gelatin sheets to make the protective shine of the tart. In a saucepan, heat the water with the sugar. Let it cook over medium low heat for about 5 minutes.
- We turn off the heat and add the already hydrated gelatin sheets. Mix well so that they fall apart and reserve. We must let the syrup cool down completely and begin to thicken before using it, so it is advisable to do it early.
- When the syrup is completely cold, if we want we can put it in the fridge for a few minutes to help it thicken.
- When we have all the elaborations ready we start with the assembly of the cake. Fill the puff pastry base with a layer of pastry cream. We can do it with a spoon or distribute it more easily with a pastry bag.
- We cover the cake with the strawberries with the shape and decoration that we want, either whole or filleted. When the cake glitter is slightly thick, we begin to paint the entire surface of the cake with it using a kitchen brush.
It is a very easy dessert to prepare that you will love. A fun and simple way to eat fruit accompanied by a homemade pastry cream. Perfect dessert to look good with little effort.
You can see all the step-by-step photos of the strawberry and cream cake recipe in this album. Do not miss any detail and it will be perfect.