- 60 minutes
- For 4 people
- 0.8 € / person
- 232kcal per 100g.
How to roast potatoes .
Perhaps potatoes are, par excellence, the most useful and widely used garnish in our country.
Today I have one of those potato recipes with which, in a moment and without work, we achieve a result of licking fingers.
And it is that potatoes are an easy and successful resource to accompany almost any type of dish. Recipe for some Jamie Oliver-style roasted potatoes that, from now on, will be the favorites to accompany your dishes.
The ones he mentions as the best roast potatoes in the world are, in my opinion, a very tasty dish that I liked even to take alone. The creamy interior and crisp exterior, as well as the aroma of these potatoes, is to remove the hat.
As almost always, the secret to success with this recipe lies in the quality of its ingredients. A quality extra virgin olive oil will make the difference, a good bunch of fresh herbs, either rosemary or another of your choice, will give them a fresh and intense point.
It is not a laborious recipe, but it is true that it has a series of steps that we must follow to get some crispy roasted potatoes, and creamy at the same time.
A previous cooking, a first baking, a short frying and a final baking, we will get some roasted potatoes of category. Do not stop preparing this recipe. I am sure you will love them as much as I do.
Preparation of Jamie Oliver-style potatoes
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into large cubes. We go through water to remove the starch and put them to cook in a saucepan, covered with water and slightly salty.
- We cook the potatoes for 6 minutes from the moment the water begins to boil. We drain them, let them temper for 5 minutes.
- We preheat the oven to 190º C 10 minutes before baking.
- We spread the potatoes in a dish suitable for the oven in such a way that they are next to each other. Not stacked, but well extended.
- We water with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 190º C, for 25 minutes. We will put them in the central tray of the oven with top-down heat and air.
- We remove the potatoes from the oven and crush the potatoes very lightly with a fork. It is about breaking them a little, not crushing them. This way we will get much more crispy potatoes. We do not want mashed potatoes … do not overdo it when crushing.
- Mix the potatoes with the whole garlic, crushed and unpeeled and the crumbled rosemary.
- Transfer the potatoes to a frying pan and heat them for 5 minutes with 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. The point will be when we see that they begin to brown.
- We remove the potatoes from the pan. We put them back in the oven dish.
- Sprinkle with a splash of wine vinegar and bake at 210ºC for 12 minutes.
In this time we will have some impressive potatoes. They are perfect to use as a garnish for any dish, super aromatic, juicy on the inside and super crispy on the outside, great.
I encourage you to visit more recipes for tapas, snacks and pinchos perfect for an unforgettable evening with yours. You can see all the photos of the step by step in the next album .