- 30 minutes
- For 10 people
- 0.4 € / person
- 340kcal per 100g.
How to make a cookie cake .
It will surely happen to many like me, and you associate the memories of your children’s birthday with the recipe that I bring you today.
Grandma’s classic cake , cookie cake, custard and chocolate of a lifetime.
Surely because it is one of the simplest dessert recipes to prepare and at the same time richest. As children this cake was almost obligatory in any children’s party that was appreciated.
It was also one of the first recipes that I learned to make at home with the help of my mother, I was always a big fan of this sweet.
The fact is that it is a very simple cake that anyone can make at home. The work is minimal despite carrying various preparations. On the one hand we have the pastry cream that we can make homemade or with the traditional Flanín that we all surely remember.
On the other hand, the chocolate cream, which has no more complication than melting the chopped choco in a saucepan with a little cream, adding butter and allowing it to temper.
As you can see, it is an easy dessert to prepare and that also spreads a lot, perfect for large and small birthday parties.
In the blog we are fans of this type of cake, we even have a version of the cake biscuits for adults and a cake cookies a little more elaborate. Choose the one you like best.
As I am a nostalgic and I love these traditions, I take the first opportunity to prepare this recipe, and that my nephews prepare as the tradition continues.
Preparation of the pastry cream
- We start by preparing the pastry cream. To do this, in a cup, dilute the corn starch with 2 or 3 tablespoons of milk and reserve.
- In a saucepan, heat the rest of the milk with the orange and lemon peel and the cinnamon stick.
- When the milk begins to boil, turn off the heat and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl we beat the eggs with the sugar and add the milk straining it.
- This union of ingredients must be done without stopping to stir since the milk will still be somewhat hot and we should not let the egg come to curdle.
- We pour the mixture back into the saucepan and put it on the fire.
- Add the corn starch that we have reserved and diluted and, without stopping stirring, cook the cream until it has thickened. We reserve.
Preparation of chocolate cream
- Now we prepare the chocolate cream. For this, in a saucepan we add the chopped chocolate and the cream.
- Over low heat, without stopping stirring, we melt all the ingredients until we get a smooth and smooth cream.
- Remove from the heat and add the butter, stirring until it has melted. We reserve.
You can see all the step by step photos of this classic cookie cake in this album.
Assembly of the biscuit cake and final presentation
- To assemble the cake, and once the mold has been chosen, we place a first layer of cookies on the entire surface of the mold. We soak the cookies lightly in milk, without soaking them, before putting them in the mold.
- With the cream already cold or at least warm, cover with half of the pastry cream. We place a second layer of cookies soaked in milk and cover again with the rest of the cream.
- It is important that the pastry cream and the chocolate are not very hot. Since they could dissolve the cookies or make them move around once they were placed.
- We cover with the last layer of cookies soaked in milk. We pour the chocolate cream covering the entire surface.
- We let the cake cool completely at room temperature before storing it in the fridge.
Before serving the cake, I advise you to leave it out of the fridge for a few minutes so that it becomes tempered.
If you have a children’s birthday at home or just a treat, this granny cookie cake is always a hit.