- 30 minutes
- For 8 people
- 1.8 € / person
- 315kcal per 100g.
How to prepare an Italian tiramisu and easy.
Tiramisu is perhaps one of the most famous dessert recipes in Italian cuisine.
One of the quintessential Italian sweets, it has become a traditional Italian recipe despite being fairly recent. Its origin is located in the Veneto region in the 50s and it did not have a brand name or liquor, without cheese. Surprised?
Tiramisu as we know it now in its time was much simpler. It consisted of a sweet fortifier and immediate effect thanks to the amount of carbohydrates incorporated.
In those days they only used 5 ingredients: beaten eggs and sugar, Savoiardi biscuits dipped in espresso coffee and cocoa powder. The cheese was added later because the cream cheese slows down digestion, obtaining the opposite effect of drowsiness.
The evolution and subsequent recognition came about thanks to the Toulá restaurant chain in 1968 that made this delicate, simple and very creamy dessert known throughout Italy.
One of my favorite desserts thanks to the taste of coffee and chocolate. Be sure to improvise to adapt the recipe to the tastes of the house, although here I leave you the traditional remember that you put the variations.
Sabayon cream preparation
Sabayon cream (sambayon, cream punch, zabaglione or zabaione), is a thick cream of Italian tradition based on 3 basic ingredients: raw egg yolks, sugar and Marsala wine or Amaretto liqueur, all whipped in a bain-marie until it is left with a creamy texture.
- We heat water in a large saucepan, it must be hot but without boiling. While the water is heating, we separate the yolks from the whites and set aside in a cup. The whites are going to be mounted later, we reserve.
- Eggs must be fresh and must be handled at room temperature. We are going to use icing sugar with a touch of vanilla, we mix it in a metal bowl with all the yolks.
- We start whisking in the bowl out of the water and when it begins to froth we introduce the bowl in the saucepan with the hot water.
- Once inside we beat with some rods manually or with those of the mixer until the yolks double in size. We are gradually adding the four tablespoons of amaretto and mixing in an enveloping way until they are incorporated into the cream.
- After mixing everything, remove from the water bath and continue in the cold until we have a fluffy and compact cream. We reserve for the assembly of the tiramisu.
Preparation of Italian tiramisu
- We beat the cheese until it is creamy (it is best to beat it at room temperature). Mix with the sabayon cream. Mix it gently without lowering the cream, we want to get a fluffy cream.
- We mount the clearings that we have reserved to the point of snow. For this we introduce the egg whites at room temperature in a bowl in which there is no remaining fat or they will not rise.
- We add a pinch of salt and begin to beat. While we beat, add the powdered sugar. Beat until the whites rise and are firm. Then we handle the meringue with a silicone spatula.
- We add the whites mounted to the previous cream. Mix thoroughly and carefully until everything is integrated. And we already have the most important thing: the base cream of the tiramisu. On your own you are dying, I have never been able to avoid eating a spoonful or two.
- The rest is a piece of cake, we put an Italian coffee maker with good coffee. The one that we like the most, and once prepared we let it cool. When we frighten the cakes with the coffee, they don’t have to release much liquid either.
Final presentation of the Italian tiramisu
- We put a layer of biscuits of soletilla and another of cream, like this two or three times and we finish with cream.
- The last step is the touch of cocoa, it is essential that it is quality and bitter cocoa. This ingredient is what gives this important contrast in this dessert.
- We sprinkle it over the dessert with a strainer so that there are no lumps. I usually leave this step for the end of everything. Just before introducing it to the guests, because by cooling the cocoa it has a worse presentation.
- And the main thing, put it in the fridge to cool. I always leave it overnight.
Trivia and tips for a yummy tiramisu
- We can present in a platter or in individual portions in a cool glass that we have at home. Be sure to enjoy all the yummy sweets in our dessert recipes .
- To close I wanted to tell you that each Italian in his house has his own Tiramisu recipe. Be part of a common base and then prepare according to the taste of the family. I also have my own, which varies from the one I present here and which you can take a look at: Tiramisu in my own way .
- There are many variations and we can give it one flavor or another depending on how we soak the biscuits . We can use cognac, whiskey, rum or even brown liquor (I use it when I can’t find Amaretto ). If you prepare it for a meal with children, forget about alcohol and replace it with more chocolate.
- It was a recipe that was served to brothel customers after World War II, a sweet cream offered as a restorative snack to boost strength and lift libido.
- His name was derived from the venerated expression “you shoot his”, literally “shoot me up “. There are even sources that specify in which brothel its creation is located.
- Arturo Filippini, president of the Toulá restaurant chain commented: “It was indeed after the war that we went with friends to the brothels in Treviso (…) at that time they also had a cook (…). The maîtresse, to the amateur customers (but also to the women) offered them a sweet saying with courtesy these emblematic words: Come on, take love, I give you something that you throw your ”