- 50 minutes
- For 8 people
- 0.5 € / person
How to make a strawberry and banana pudding . Another dessert for those with a sweet tooth! We are in strawberry season and I thought about making a dessert with a few that I bought this week. I came up with this pudding . It is very refreshing and smooth, since it brings together the fruit and the flan. Guaranteed success and on top super simple and cheap. The 1/2 k tray of strawberries is 1.5 euros.
Preparation of strawberry and banana pudding
- It is a very easy recipe, first we put to heat the milk with the sugar, the cinnamon and the zest of the 2 tangerines. We let it heat but without boiling over very low heat (about 10 minutes).
- Add the croisants to the milk and eggs. We beat everything until there is a creamy mass.
- In another bowl we put the strawberries and the bananas (we separate 4 strawberries and a banana) and mash them with a fork. Add a little milk and beat until pureed. Cut the remaining strawberries and banana into very small pieces and set them aside to mix with the pudding base mass.
- Mix the fruit puree in the creamy mass of the milk and stir with a fork.
- We prepare the caramel in a saucepan: 5 tablespoons of sugar and a little water (2 tablespoons), when it begins to caramelize (typical honey color) we put it in a rectangular cake container or in a flan (if you do not have you can use it in the that you usually make cakes at home).
- Let the caramel cool.
- Fill the oven tray with water and put it at 200º until it starts to boil.
- We put the flan mixture in the mold and put it in the oven in a bain-marie for approximately 30 to 45 minutes, until the pudding is curdled and the top is crusted. (Be careful with the hot water on the tray, from experience).
- In a saucepan, pour 4 tablespoons of jam and 2 tablespoons of water and heat gently until a syrup is formed. Remove from the heat and in the same container where the pudding is, pour the syrup homogeneously (as it is liquid it is quite easy).
- Let cool in the fridge for a few hours. Carefully unmold on a tray. You have to be careful when removing the pudding because in the cooking process the fruit releases enough water and the caramel stays quite liquid (more than anything for you to stick with).
I hope you like it. If you do, please send me a photo to my address [email protected] . I like to see how you are progressing, especially some that I know. I am proud to see a friend in the kitchen for more than just opening the fridge.