- 60 minutes
- For 4 people
- € 1 / person
- 290kcal per 100g.
How to prepare Chinese fried rice .
We can say that Chinese rice and many of its rice recipes are no longer properly Chinese dishes, but rather part of global culture.
There are many countries where this rice is a regular part of their culinary culture.
In Venezuela and Colombia it is usually consumed on a regular basis, in Peru, under the name of chaufa rice and in Ecuador as chaulafan , they are almost their own dishes, as usual.
In Spain we find rice three delicacies in any Chinese restaurant worth its salt.
From this point we cook the ingredients sautéed and marinated with soy sauce, to finish mixing them all together with the previously boiled Brillante Sabroz rice.
It is a simple recipe that we can enjoy hot or at room temperature, perfect to consume throughout the year.
Also, thanks to the quantity and variety of its ingredients, it could perfectly be used as a single dish.
Although in my case I always prepare as an accompaniment to some great spring rolls .
Preparation of Chinese rice
- We start by cooking the rice. It is about preparing a simply boiled rice, for this we heat two parts of water for one of rice.
- Salt and let it cook for around 15 minutes.
- We have to leave the rice a bit hard, al dente, so that later it does not fall apart with the rest of the process. We reserve.
- We clean the chicken breast of any fat that it may have and cut it into small sticks. We put the meat in a bowl and let it marinate for 1 hour with soy sauce.
- We cook the peas for about 10 minutes, drain and reserve. We must leave them al dente. We reserve.
- We clean and chop the carrots into small cubes.
- We prepare a French omelette with the eggs and a pinch of olive oil. We reserve.
Final preparation of Chinese rice and presentation
- For this recipe I have used a wok but if you do not have any problem, we can use a wide frying pan.
- We heat a splash of olive oil with a teaspoon of sesame oil.
- Add the chicken breasts that we have to marinate. We lightly brown the meat and remove it. We reserve.
- Using the same oil, add the peeled and diced onion to the wok.
- We cook over medium high heat, without stopping stirring, until we see that it begins to take color.
- Add the carrots and continue stirring and cooking for about 10 to 15 minutes. The vegetable will be a little al dente.
- We incorporate the rest of the ingredients, the rice, the chicken, the peas, the omelette, the well-chopped chives, the bean sprouts and soy sauce to taste.
- We mix well to integrate all the ingredients while we cook the mixture for about 5 minutes. We remove from the fire and serve.
- We serve the Chinese style rice dish on the spot, as long as it is hot.
To enjoy a dish with an oriental touch of yummy.
You can see all the photos of the Chinese rice recipe in this step by step.
Tips for a Chinese yummy rice
- It is a preparation of rice that can be taken as an accompaniment to other dishes or as a dish in itself.
- Boiled rice is prepared and accompanied by a variety of ingredients.
- From the egg, either in the form of an omelette or fried, bean sprouts, carrots and peas, to some type of animal protein such as chicken, pork, ham or prawns. They are ingredients that cannot be missing in a rich and tasty Chinese rice.
- Chinese rice is perfect as a single dish or as a garnish both for oriental dishes and for all kinds of preparations.
- A very light, fast and economical rice. I recommend it, do not stop preparing it at home.