- 60 minutes
- For 10 people
- 0.5 € / person
- 290kcal per 100g.
How to make tuna dumplings .
I grew up, like a good Galician, eating empanada .
Not only is it an essential part of the menu at every self-respecting family party or meal, but I put myself to it whenever I feel a certain bite .
The fact is that, among the possible empanada fillings, perhaps the most classic, the simplest and the most grateful is tuna . Starting from this base, the easiest dumplings are surely those with the same filling.
A homemade dumplings tuna to the oven can make me as happy as the best pies my land, they are so easy and very similar to the fried dumplings you will find on the blog.
Since it is not about complicating life, or inventing what is not written, the farce for this recipe is very simple, onion, pepper and tuna. The difference will be in the hands of each cook and in the quality of the tuna.
I recommend that you use canned tuna in olive oil, since there is a great difference between a good tuna or another that is not so much. Another possibility will be that you put yourselves to prepare your preserves, the result would be the best, but that is already another matter.
As we will also prepare the dumplings in the oven, we will leave aside the excess fat that frying would provide, without reducing the great taste at all.
So you know, do not stop making dumplings at home, they are always guaranteed success.
Preparation of the tuna dumplings
- We wash the peppers, open them and remove the inner seeds.
- Chop the peppers into small cubes and reserve.
- Peel the onions and the garlic cloves and chop them in the same way, diced.
- In a wide frying pan, heat 4 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the cut vegetables and fry until soft, about 20 minutes.
- We have to stir from time to time to avoid sticking and distribute the cooking.
- Crumble the canned tuna and add it to the pan, continue cooking for 5 more minutes and turn off the heat.
- On a baking tray we place a sulfurized paper.
- Fill each of the dough wafers with 2 tablespoons of tuna filling, close by folding the dough on itself and seal with a fork around the open perimeter. We are placing the dumplings on the baking paper in the tray.
- While the oven is preheated to 180º C we paint the dumplings with beaten egg.
- Bake for 20 minutes with heat up and down.
- After this time we remove the dumplings and serve hot or cold, to the taste of the consumer.
We can enjoy these classic tuna dumplings as an aperitif or as part of a beach meal.
Whatever the time or the way in which we are going to enjoy them we will have a light and crispy mouthful of yummy.
The fish and seafood recipes are perfect for a light dinner, a party or just because. You can see all the photos of the step by step in the next album.