- 45 minutes
- For 10 people
- 0.6 € / person
- 280kcal per 100g.
How to make dumplings easy .
One of those quick and easy dumplings recipes are the leek and bacon dumplings that I present today, we love them at home.
As much as some of us like to cook, one of the biggest constraints that we find when going into the kitchen is the time we have to prepare a meal.
The current pace of life, or simply tiredness, prevents us, on many occasions, from expanding on the process as much as we would like. That’s why those recipes are perfect in which the work is minimal and the perfect result.
On the one hand we do not have to prepare the dough since there is the option to buy it already prepared on the market, and on the other hand it is to rummage in the fridge with the intention of preparing a filling with which we get rich and lucid dumplings.
With almost anything we have we will be able to make a delicious filling for some great dumplings.
Other data in favor is cleaning, as we will prepare them in the oven like tuna dumplings , we will not have to spend that time cleaning the kitchen. The big problem with the frying process is perhaps what the kitchen looks like. We will also get much lighter and less calorie dumplings.
Overall, a perfect recipe to prepare in a moment and with incredible results, because I assure you that these leek and bacon dumplings are delicious.
Preparation of the filling of the dumplings
- We clean the leeks from the outer leaves that may be damaged and we wash them well.
- Drain and chop the leeks into small pieces.
- In a wide frying pan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the chopped leeks.
- Cook the vegetables over medium heat until soft, about 15 or 20 minutes. It is important that we keep an eye on the temperature and stir the leeks from time to time to avoid burning them.
- Cut the bacon into thin strips and add it to the leeks pan when they are almost ready.
- We continue to cook the mixture until the leeks are ready and the bacon is cooked. We check the salt and rectify if necessary. It is important to salt not before this moment since the bacon will contribute its point of salt and if we add it before we could go over.
- Add the cream and nutmeg to the mixture and cook for 5 minutes over medium heat. We remove from the fire and let it warm.
Shape, bake and final presentation of the dumplings
- We spread the wafers on a work surface and fill them with portions of the mixture.
- We fold the dough in half and, with the help of a fork, seal the closure.
- We paint each pastry with beaten egg and bake, with the oven previously heated, for 20 minutes at 180º C.
- We serve the warm dumplings as a starter of a meal. Also as a dish accompanied by a potato salad simply a mixed salad, perfect for a yummy dinner.
- To make these empanadas you only need to have the wafers or lids of your favorite brand and the filling is a matter of imagination, in this case an idea, but you have thousands.
- Dumplings can be filled with almost anything, from meat, tuna, with vegetables, a rest of a ratatouille, a little bacon and leeks, leftover chicken and a hard-boiled egg … whatever you have on hand in the fridge.
As well as being a quick and easy dish to prepare, it is also a yummy recipe. One of those “easier impossible” recipes.
I encourage you to visit more recipes for tapas, snacks and pinchos perfect for an unforgettable evening with yours.
You can see all the photos of the step by step in the next album.