- 90 minutes
- For 8 people
- € 1 / person
- 345kcal per 100g.
- · ·
How to make a chicken and spinach lasagna.
The lasagna or lasagne in Italian, is a type of pasta sheets used in Italian cooking to create a dish that bears the same name, lasagna.
When we talk about lasagna, by default we would be referring to the recipe in which layers of lasagna sheets are interspersed with a ragù bolognese , or meat sauce and bechamel sauce .
From this recipe the variations are many, lasagna can be prepared with vegetables such as broccoli, zucchini , aubergines , with other types of meat such as chicken or rabbit and with fish, tuna being very typical .
The common denominator is always the sheets of pasta and the bechamel sauce in which to insert a host of fillings.
Today’s recipe is a combination of several, spinach and chicken lasagna . It is also a recipe for use, if you have any remaining roast chicken or turkey , whether stuffed or not , it will be perfect for preparing this lasagna, with leftover filling included.
What I recommend is to use quality ingredients, from the pasta, in this case lasagna Garofalo , one of the best pasta in Italy. And of course, the fillings, today with chicken and spinach, but you have many ways to fill it.
The combination between the meat cooked with its juices and the spinach with the softness of the bechamel sauce, will make this recipe one of your favorites.
We can also prepare it with grilled or grilled chicken, minced and even cooked chicken, since later we will increase its taste by letting it cook with a good sauce of onion, garlic and white wine.
It is a light recipe despite the layer of bechamel sauce, the minimal contribution of chicken fat and spinach are the perfect combination for a yummy lasagna.
Preparation of chicken and spinach lasagna
- If we are going to use the leftover chicken from a roast, what we do is clean the meat well, remove all kinds of piles and bones it may have and crumble it, use a good knife to help you in this task. If we use a fresh chicken breast we can cook it in salted water for 30 minutes or fry it in fillets. Then, in both cases, we mince the meat and we would have it ready for the lasagna. We reserve.
- If we use frozen spinach, we have to plan to have removed it from the freezer from the previous day. We drain all its water leaving them for a few hours in a strainer and we dry them as much as possible. If they were fresh spinach we would only have to clean them as much as possible, dry them and nothing else.
- Peel the onion and garlic and cut it all into pieces, the julienned onion and the diced garlic. We put a jet of olive oil to heat in a pan and add the onion and garlic. We fry the vegetables for 15 or 20 minutes, until they are transparent.
- We incorporate the shredded chicken meat, integrate with the onion and let it cook for 4 or 5 minutes over medium heat. Add the well drained spinach and repeat the operation. We cook for 1 or 2 minutes. We check for salt.
- Add the wine and let the alcohol evaporate, cooking with the rest of the ingredient for 3 or 4 minutes. We remove from the fire and reserve.
- In another skillet, heat the butter. When it has melted add the flour and a pinch of salt. Without stopping stirring with a wooden spoon, we cook the flour for 2 or 3 minutes. At this point and with the help of some rods to constantly stir the mixture, we are adding the milk. First with small drips until it is integrated with the flour of each time, and then with larger amounts.
- It is very important that the bechamel be made little by little, with small contributions of milk at the beginning and with constant rod movement.
- When we see that the sauce is well integrated and without lumps, with the thickness that we want, add the nutmeg and let it cook for 1 or 2 minutes. We remove from the fire.
- We cook the pasta sheets for the lasagna according to the manufacturer’s instructions and we start to assemble. In a deep dish suitable for oven we place a first layer of pasta covering the entire surface. We distribute half of the spinach and chicken filling and cover with a layer of bechamel sauce. On top of the sauce we distribute portions of cheese in cubes and we repeat the operation of placing pasta, spinach, béchamel sauce and cheese.
- Cover with the last layer of pasta and water with the rest of the bechamel sauce until the lasagna is completely bathed on the entire surface.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese and distribute the rest of the cheese in cubes and we have the assembly of the lasagna ready.
- With the oven previously hot at 180ºC we bake the lasagna for 25 minutes.
- If we see that the cheese is toasted too much, we can cover it halfway through the process with aluminum foil.
The result will be an unbeatable spinach and chicken lasagna , which in addition to serving us as a recycling kitchen will leave us a dish that will surely appeal to young and old.
It is a recipe that would be perfect as a single dish, we can accompany it with a tomato and onion salad and we would not need more to have a balanced and complete meal, a delicious meal.
You can see all the photos of the step by step in the next album.