- 45 minutes
- For 6 people
- 3.5 € / person
- 354kcal per 100g.
How to prepare meatballs with tomato sauce . The meatballs that I present to you today are a recipe from my mother-in-law Pilar, one of her specialties.
The measurements of this recipe are for 6 people, I have had a hard time adapting it because yours is for 15. We are the ones who usually get together on Saturdays to eat at Gayo house. Since sometimes I also carry a dish I am starting to get used to cooking in large quantities and it is not good, because at home we are two and at this stage I will have to sell tuppers at home.
These little delights of this meat recipe are incredible, but the tomato sauce is also spectacular, and the mixture of the two with the fried potatoes just taken out of the pan … second to none. He could be eating one after the other until he finished the pot. They are very soft and healthy due to the almost fat-free poultry meat. I assure you that they will delight many children who do not like the strong flavor of beef or pork.
Preparation of tomato sauce
- This sauce that I am going to explain is not only for this recipe, you can use it for many dishes. You can cook it in large quantities and you store it in jars and reserve in the fridge.
- We open the can of whole peeled tomatoes and remove the excess liquid (the tomato water) since in this case we will only use the pulp. The water can be stored in a pot for another future recipe or put it in a saucepan and let it reduce for 15 minutes to have concentrated tomato paste.
- We introduce in a casserole about 5 tablespoons of oil and while it is heating we peel the garlics and fillet finely. Add the sliced garlic to the casserole, brown them and when they start to have color, introduce the tomatoes and cut them in half with the help of a wooden spoon.
- Let it cook until they reduce to less than half their size, about 30 minutes over low heat. If you are in a hurry you can do it in 15-20 minutes over medium-high heat, stirring continuously so that the tomato does not stick to the casserole (but the flavor will not be the same).
- Add a teaspoon of sugar to reduce acidity, a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper. If you like oregano, thyme or basil you can tune your sauce. We remove everything well by bringing together flavors.
- We test and rectify with salt, although it is most likely not necessary. We remove a few minutes, remove from the heat and finish by passing the sauce through the Chinese. This will make it finer, although if you like to find pieces of tomato (I love it), skip this step. We reserve to pair with the meatballs.
Preparation of the meatballs
- The first thing of all is to make the meat balls, that all come out more or less the same. Season the minced meat, both chicken and turkey, in a large bowl. We break the 2 eggs and add them together with the nutmeg. The slices of bread without the crust that we have previously soaked in milk for a few minutes. And finally the crushed or very minced garlic (without the inner sprout or trunk so that it does not repeat).
- We remove everything well with the hands until the ingredients are mixed. This will be the base of our future meatballs.
- Without fear we begin to work the dough making small (or large, that to taste) balls that we will then pass through flour. We leave them on a plate waiting for the pan.
- We shake them a little to remove the excess flour and fry in very hot extra virgin olive oil. About three minutes is enough and we reserve.
- We pass the meatballs to the casserole with the freshly made tomato sauce. Heat over medium heat until a slightly thick tomato sauce remains (for the flour) for about 10 minutes.
- Let them rest for about 5 minutes while we fry the potatoes with the type of cut that you like the most.
If you do not want to accompany them with potatoes, a good mashed potato is an option or another alternative is to make a white rice .
As a garnish, white rice is perfect to mix with the meatball sauce. Without realizing it, you have made a wonderful dinner.
To enjoy! Be sure to try these meatballs with some spaghetti al dente, they are yummy. This dish is a world and nobody has the supreme truth about which are the best meatballs.
Be sure to enjoy all the recipes with meat that we have on the blog. I assure you that you will find a lot of ideas to make yours much happier.
More yummy dumplings recipes
Remember that in the blog you can see that I am passionate about these meat balls and you can see them in a thousand ways.
- The classic meatballs with tomato
- With an exotic touch that curry gives
- The famous Greek meatless tomato dumplings
- Fish meatballs, with salmon and prawns or with these that I present today… The ones that you like the most.
I leave you with this recipe, one of the recipes with chicken that we like the most at home and a different way of eating chicken and turkey. Take advantage!