- 30 minutes
- For 6 people
- 0.8 € / person
- 290kcal per 100g.
How to prepare meatballs in Teriyaki sauce . The meat recipes that we have on the blog in the form of meatballs are one of those dishes that never fail. Is there someone who doesn’t like them?
This is a typically homemade recipe that is not only even tastier overnight, but can also be frozen without any problems to enjoy at any time.
As you may already know, meatballs are a staple in my kitchen. On the blog you can find a lot of suggestions to surprise yours on the weekly menu. Today’s dish is introducing a new flavor to your plate, accompanying traditional meatballs with teriyaki sauce .
The idea is not mine, it is from my friend Inma, who always surprises me with new things. I have tried them at home, and the truth is that it was not the classic teriyaki sauce. It had a different point that made it original that you will see in the recipe, a small variation of the teriyaki sauce that I have published. The next day she was preparing her recipe at home, which is now yours.
In this recipe we will also incorporate a touch of ginger into the meat to give it a different and unexpected flavor. And of course we will accompany them with a tasty homemade Teriyaki sauce to complete the surprise. I hope you like this surprising and simple alternative to a recipe of a lifetime.
Preparation of meatballs in teriyaki sauce
- We are going to prepare about 16 meatballs. In a bowl add the minced meat, the two tablespoons of breadcrumbs, the yolk of an egg, a very fine minced garlic clove, the minced parsley and a teaspoon of fresh peeled and grated ginger.
- We knead all the ingredients very well with our hands until they form a uniform dough.
- To make all the meatballs approximately the same size. We successively divide the mixture into halves until we have 16: first into two parts, each of these parts into two other parts, and so on.
- We give a round shape with our hands, compressing the meat so that they do not fall apart. We are placing them on a baking tray covered with baking paper.
- We put them in the oven previously heated to 200º C for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, we make the homemade Teriyaki sauce .
- Pour 2 teaspoons of brown sugar, 75 ml of soy sauce, 2 tablespoons of vinegar (preferably rice, although it is not essential), 2 cloves of very finely chopped garlic, 1 teaspoon of ginger powder in the glass of the grinder (or fresh, grated) and 1 teaspoon of cornstarch.
- Chop everything until you have a completely uniform sauce and remove the top layer, lighter and thicker.
- If we want, we can boil it to reduce it and make it thicker, but it is not necessary to cover the meatballs.
- When the meatballs are ready, we remove them from the oven and cover them with teriyaki sauce. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
These meatballs combine perfectly with a basmati rice base or for example with some pasta such as noodles or spaghetti.
To serve them, we place the rice on the plate and put the meatballs on top. We wash everything with the delicious Teriyaki sauce and sprinkle with a little sesame. And now you just have to enjoy the dish!
Here you have the step by step of this meatballs recipe in this album. Following the explanations and photos I assure you that they will be perfect the first time.