- 15 minutes
- For 4 people
- € 1.5 / person
- 305kcal per 100g.
How to make chicken curry express .
No need to spend an hour in the kitchen to prepare a chicken curry recipe .
In just a few minutes we can get all the flavor of that dish and solve a lunch or dinner in no time. We are going to prepare an express chicken curry recipe .
We have used a chicken fed exclusively with cereals and, although it is not essential, you can tell the difference! In any case, ask your butcher or butcher to trust you to prepare two good breasts, better if it already gives you clean of fat.
The curry is a mix of original Indian spices whose taste and composition depends on the region, but often include peppers, basil, saffron, cinnamon and cardamom among other ingredients.
Curiously, its name comes from kari (in Tamil), which is used to designate dishes accompanied by rice. There is a reason why the dish we are going to cook wins a lot with a good white rice (better if it is Sundari basmati rice ), which we can prepare in parallel so that it is ready as soon as the chicken has finished cooking .
Let’s do it. Today we don’t even need much time to prepare a yummy meal.
Preparation of chicken curry express
- We clean the fat chicken breast and cut it into cubes of a couple of centimeters maximum.
- Peel and chop the chives and garlic cloves very finely. We also peel and chop the fresh ginger.
- We remove the seeds from the cayenne or chili and chop it very fine. Be careful with this topic, I recommend gloves because if you later rub your eyes or other parts you will remember the cayenne.
- Heat a few tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil or sunflower oil in a frying pan. We add the finely chopped chives, we want them to melt in the cooking, in the end we will not notice its texture but its sweet flavor.
- Salt to taste to make it sweat and leave it on the fire until the chives become translucent (transparent). Once the onion is poached, add the garlic, ginger and cayenne. We also remove and add the crushed tomato.
- After a couple of minutes we add the spices and stir again.
- Add the chicken and season with salt and pepper. We remove and brown the chicken pieces on all sides.
- We cover with the coconut milk and let it reduce but leaving sauce. We don’t want dry chicken. When we see that the sauce begins to thicken we put the fire to a minimum.
- While we make the curry we can make at the same time a basmati rice that will refresh our palates while we eat the curry. It is optional, you can also go another type of rice, better always white. It will take you the same time as preparing the express chicken curry.
- We serve very hot decorated with chopped fresh coriander on top.
- If we choose to make rice, we accompany it freshly made next to the curry chicken on the same plate. I advise you to push this chicken curry with pita bread or Indian Naan bread.
A perfect chicken recipe for your weekly menu. Here you have a step by step in photos where I show how to prepare this chicken curry express recipe . Do not miss any detail so that it comes out perfect.
Tips for a yummy express chicken curry
- In most curry chicken recipes I advise you to cook it with chicken breast. Try thighs or thighs and their thighs. There is a much juicier curry and less dry chicken meat.
- If your butcher is nice, he can bone your thighs and thighs. The fat part that takes and remains in the meat will make your curry dish 10 points. A juicier and tender meat.
- In Asian cuisine, seed oil is always used because it is lighter and does not add flavor. In addition to being the one they have there, they do not have extra virgin olive oil. In this recipe you can use a seed oil, usually from sunflower, but also from sesame.
- If you do not find fresh ginger you can find ginger and garlic paste in almost all supermarkets, if you use it, with 2 small teaspoons coffee type is more than enough. Logically remove garlic and ginger from the recipe. Remember that the pasta is more concentrated than natural ingredients. It also saves work and time.
- I have not prepared the Naan Indian bread yet, I will promise you soon. Although you can buy it in almost all Asian specialty cuisine stores. It is usually passed with a little olive oil in the pan. It is delicious to push the chicken.