- 210 minutes
- For 4 people
- € 3 / person
- 290kcal per 100g.
How to make cheeks in sauce .
I propose a meat recipe that will leave a good taste in your mouth and will not make a hole in your pocket, cheeks with wine sauce and plums . I really like cooking this type of cut, the cheek, a guaranteed success in any celebration. I already have several recipes with this piece, the cheeks at Porto also succeed.
It is a very easy recipe and it allows me to spend time making some tasty canapés , you just have to buy good raw material and let it simmer for three or four hours.
I personally declare myself in love with stews and this is one of my favorites. Mellow meat, the aromas of wine, cinnamon, the sweetness of plums and honey make this dish perfect for any event.
You will surely surprise your guests. If you also dare to prepare a chestnut puree or sweet potato to accompany, it will be a sure success.
I have opted for pork cheeks because they have a milder flavor than beef and are also cheaper. I have decided to eat well, without going over budget.
In addition, the pig marries perfectly with the sweet ingredients that will accompany it. A magnificent combination and a safe bet for any holiday.
Preparation of the cheeks in sauce
- Chop the onions into very small pieces. In the same casserole in which the stew is going to cook, put a generous stream of oil and brown the onion that we have chopped.
- Season the cheeks with salt and pepper and flour them.
- If they are very large or thick pieces, you can cut them in half or into three pieces, depending on their size.
- When the onion is golden brown, add the plums and leave them for two minutes, over low heat, so that the flavors marry and the plums give off their sweetness well.
- Add the cheeks to the casserole and brown them a little, turning them over so that they are done well on all sides.
- We cover with the wine that we will have at room temperature, do not remove it from the fridge, because it will modify the heat that we already have. Add the cinnamon, the nutmeg and the honey.
- We raise the fire so that it boils and, immediately afterwards, we lower it (at medium temperature in our kitchen).
Cooking and final presentation of the cheeks
- We leave it cooking over low heat until the meat is tender. We stir often so that it does not catch.
- After an hour and a half try the sauce and, if it is not sweet enough for your taste. You can add half a tablespoon of honey, and do not overdo it because it can be as a syrup.
- When the meat is done, turn off the heat. Let it rest a little before bringing it to the table.
You can see all the photos of the step by step in the recipe for cheeks in wine. Do not lose detail and they will be perfect.
Tips for chubby cheek pads
- The wine must be a more or less good red. It does not need to be a spectacular wine, those are reserved to be drunk, but I recommend that you do not use a brick wine for cooking, because you will lose a lot in the quality of the final dish.
- 50% of the success of a good dish lies in the quality of the products that make it up.
- This dish of pork cheeks in red wine should be served with a little white rice or simply with a few good pieces of bread the sauce, which is glorious.
- If the occasion deserves it, we can also accompany it with a good chestnut puree . Ideally, they should be a single dish, preceded by a light salad as the only starter.
- An excellent recipe that I think can also go very well with other parts of the pork or even with beef.