- 40 minutes
- For 4 people
- € 4 / person
- 298kcal per 100g.
How to prepare rice with boletus. This rice with boletus was prepared by my mother-in-law this weekend, I was late to the preparation but of course, after trying it, I asked her for the recipe.
It is a recipe for sweet rice , without reaching a risotto but prepared in paella as if it were a dry rice. Although broth would also be great.
I’m just telling you that it was great and that it has a hand for incredible rice, you have the base of the rice from now on and you know, imagination to power.
The Boletus edulis are a delicacy in themselves, they have been caught in the Sierra de Madrid. Although they have told me where, if I tell you, they may not invite me to eat again. These mushrooms only candied or sautéed with a little garlic are already meaningless.
In this recipe they will give an intense flavor to the filling of the pasta, which we will accompany with some vegetables and fresh bacon, to give the touch of “joy” (fat) to the dish.
As it is a sweet rice , this time, the result is juicy and tasty. The rice with which we have prepared this rice is the SOS special broth rice that always gives us such good results.
This recipe for rice with boletus allows us to combine the sweetness of rice, the touch of thyme and the unmistakable flavor that boletus mushrooms provide. Be sure to go for mushrooms in the field, a great way to exercise and enjoy nature.
Cleaning the Boletus Edulis mushrooms
- We start by cleaning the mushrooms, in this case they are Boletus, but you can substitute this type of mushroom for the one you like best.
- In my case, the boletus were already clean, but the first thing is to prepare the mushrooms, so that later nothing strange goes to the mouth.
- The first thing we will do is peel the trunk a little. If after scraping them they still have dirt on the bottom (they have dirt on the inside) we will clean it.
- If they are healthy we will have finished, otherwise we will remove the soft or very hollow parts, the ugly or insane parts. Then if we see that the boletus hat has a small yellow sponge. We would remove it, if it is white it would already be edible.
- Meanwhile in a frying pan, fry the minced garlic clove with a little oil. As soon as the garlic starts to sparkle, add the slices of boletus and a pinch of salt.
- Fry until the mushroom has elasticity and a light hazelnut tone. We remove the mushrooms and reserve.
Preparation of rice with boletus
- To cook the rice, we will use a vegetable broth, but you can use a meat, poultry, chicken broth … whichever you like. The broth will give all the flavor to the rice, you can use one already made or do it at home.
- For this vegetable broth we have put in a saucepan a liter and a half of water. We simmer a leek, a couple of carrots, an onion and half a green pepper. We salt to taste and we will have it at least 30 min. cooking.
- We cut the onion and the leek in brunoise . In the same oil of the boletus, we fry them 10 minutes over medium heat, so that they soften. Salamos.
- We go back to the mushrooms, we pour the white wine. Mix and let cook another 3 minutes. So that the alcohol evaporates.
- Now add the rice and toast it for a couple of minutes, along with the rest of the ingredients.
- It is time to add the broth, which must be hot, in the proportion of 2.5 parts of liquid to one of rice.
- You can always add a little more to leave it at the point you like the most. Add the thyme sprig and oregano. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Rest and final presentation of the rice with boletus
- We cook everything together, first over high heat and as soon as temperature reaches medium heat, about 18 minutes.
- As always, the time must be controlled according to what your kitchen “rushes”. Go testing from time to time the broth to test how it goes of salt and if necessary, rectify.
- Let the rice rest for about 4/5 minutes. We serve our exquisite rice with boletus hot on the table. Do not miss the opportunity to prepare this recipe as it is a safe bet at the table.
I tell you that I love onions in rice, especially in this type that is not dry paella type. Although it softens the rice and prevents it from being as dry and hard as it should be.
I leave you with this tasty and succulent rice with a delicious sofrito that we can taste at home on a special day with yours or because yes, we surely deserve it.
How to prepare the rice with mushrooms par excellence, the one that I like the most. A rice with Boletus Edulis that will amaze you at home, be sure to visit our selection of recipes with rice that we have on the blog.