- 120 minutes
- For 6 people
- 0.75 € / person
How to prepare blanched. Today more than a salad recipe , I am going to tell you about a culinary technique, what in Catalan is called scalding . Escalivar is steaming or grilling or ember of a fire , and as a consequence, the escalivada was born , a typical dish of Catalan cuisine that consists of blanching certain vegetables. It is about cooking the vegetables as close as possible to an embers, not grilled or grilled, reaching, according to the experts, influencing even the type of wood used for the fire.
Of course, it is somewhat difficult for us to remain faithful to the original way of cooking this recipe, it is not easy to have a fire to lean against whenever we want, so the usual thing on a daily basis is that we prepare this recipe at home in our oven.
In this recipe you can not miss the aubergines and red peppers, which are most often accompanied by onion and tomato. It is a light recipe, very low in calories and healthy if not possible. I recommend, on the one hand, take advantage of all the juices that will be released from the vegetables and on the other, dress it with a good extra virgin olive oil and a pinch of well-chopped garlic. From here we have nothing left but to enjoy this typical dish of Mediterranean cuisine, either as a starter, on toast or as an accompaniment, in all the ways it comes from a mouthful of yummy.
Preparation of the roasted vegetables
- Peel the onions and wash them, along with the rest of the vegetables under the tap, dry them with kitchen paper. We will place them directly on a baking tray. With the oven previously heated to 200º C, we bake the vegetables for 1 hour. It is not necessary that we add neither olive oil nor salt.
- When the vegetables are still hot, almost just out of the oven we begin to prepare them. Peel the peppers and cut them in half to remove the inner seeds, taking advantage of the water inside. We are leaving the peppers and their water on a plate.
- Peel the tomatoes and taking advantage of the juice that will be released, chop it for a new dish, eliminating any hard part that we can find.
- Peel the aubergines and remove the inner seeds. We reserve them together with their own juice. Chop the onions and reserve them.
- We choose the source or tray where we are going to assemble the dish and distribute the vegetables cut into strips, in the case of peppers and eggplants, and in pieces the tomatoes and onions. We water with the juices that we have reserved from the vegetables.
- Peel and chop the garlic cloves and distribute them over the surface of the vegetables on the tray. Finally we water with a good extra virgin olive oil.
This line is an example that in the kitchen, less is, many times, more. Without practically elaboration and with first-class ingredients, we have an unbeatable, healthy, nutritious and top-notch entree, a whole dish of yummy.
You can see all the photos of the step by step in the next album.