- 75 minutes
- For 4 people
- 4.2 € / person
- 225kcal per 100g.
How to make salmon poke.
The Internet is, without a doubt, the window of the world. Regardless of the subject in question, blogs, pages and social networks show us life, customs, landscapes, knowledge, from others and other places.
In gastronomy it is also a well of ideas and knowledge. Surely you have found the poke bowls on social networks like or have seen or heard of them.
It is the latest trend with rice and fish that has come stomping, and who knows if to stay. It is a healthy, balanced and tasty dish, it has everything to succeed.
The poke is a typical dish of Hawaii. A type of evolution of sushi, more varied and easier to eat. We could say that it is a kind of salad in which the protagonist is marinated fish, in today’s case, with salmon .
It is a very complete dish, on the one hand the fish, always blue and accompanied by a base of carbohydrates, rice or quinoa.
In this recipe we have used basmati rice , one of the best long rices in the world, perfect as an accompaniment to this poke. In this recipe we have trusted the Sundari basmati rice that does not always give such a good result.
On the other hand, fruits and / or vegetables and / or algae, avocado, chives, adamame, mango, red cabbage, tomato, pickle, carrot … an infinite list. Finally the seasonings and sauce, sesame oil, soy sauce, wasabi without the cherry on the plate.
Whether or not it is a passing trend, it is a complete and delicious dish. Perfect for a healthy and light meal, without fats or sugars. Of course in my house it is here to stay, a plate of yummy.
Preparation of the salmon. Frozen and marinated
- We freeze the fish for 48 hours before preparing this dish. This way we avoid any trace of anisakis that it can bring. Especially to be calmer.
- We can remove the spines and skin before freezing, so we will have it ready for the moment when we want to get down to work.
- The night before preparing the recipe, remove the salmon from the freezer and store it in the fridge for thawing.
- When it is thawed, we cut it into cubes of between 1.5 and 2 cm.
- In a bowl we prepare the marinade to bathe the fish. Add the soy sauce, rice vinegar, salt, sesame oil, chopped chili, sesame seeds, and filet chila chive.
- Pour the sauce over the salmon cubes and let it rock for no less than 1 hour.
Preparation of rice
- We cook the rice following the manufacturer’s instructions in quantity of water and times.
- As it is a round rice, we will need more or less 2 parts of water for 1 of rice.
- We will cook the rice in salted water for around 11 minutes. Once the rice is ready we reserve it.
Final presentation of the salmon poke
- We peel the avocado and cut it into thin sheets.
- We wash the red cabbage and cut a part into thin strips, wash and chop the tomatoes and cut the coriander.
- When we have all the poke ingredients ready we assemble the bowls.
- We prepare the dish in individual bowls. In each one we add a part of the salmon already marinated and drained, the avocado and the rice.
- We add chopped cherry tomatoes and the thin red cabbage. We water with soy sauce, and sprinkle with sesame and coriander seeds.
- We serve at the moment.
You can see all the step by step photos of the recipe for this salmon poke in this album. Do not miss any detail and you will get a poke of yummy.
Tips for a perfect salmon poke
- To avoid any problems with anisakis, it is very important to freeze the salmon for no less than 48 hours before preparing it.
- This will force us to have a forecast of the subject but it is worth it.
- We can add accompaniments to our liking. We can also substitute one for the other.
- We could change the rice for quinoa and use another type of blue fish instead of salmon. The vegetable part allows us as many options as we want.