- 30 minutes
- For 4 people
- € 3 / person
- 205kcal per 100g.
How to make guacamole with prawns. If you know me well you will know that I am addicted to guacamole , I am becoming a great taster of this delicious cream of avocado. delicious mexican guacamole recipe .
If we talk about this vegetarian recipe I will tell you that there is no single recipe, something similar to what happens with Hummus or chickpea cream . What I assure you is that if you use quality ingredients and at the right point, such as the optimum degree of maturity of the avocado.
You will find a delicacy without equal. Once you take the step of doing it at home, you no longer change it. I hope you like this light, refreshing cream with a creamy texture, of great quality.
In Mexico, guacamole usually has the following ingredients: tomato, onion, serrano pepper, coriander, lemon and avocado. The truth is that when a dish is simple and has four things, it is not necessary to add more and more ingredients, because it loses its true flavor. But I assure you that this little prawn ceviche completes it and gives it an impressive flavor, a sweet contrast that goes great with guacamole .
I hope you get your hands on the avocado and prepare it at home, it is a dish that triumphs among the many friends who usually go through Sanse.
Preparation of the base ingredients of this guacamole
- Peel the onion and wash the tomato. We chop them very fine, as much as possible, that they are seen but that they are just right.
- We choose some ripe avocados that are not too hard to crush, and the taste of ripe avocado is much better.
- It must be mature but not soft, the skin must be firm and when pressed with the finger it will sink slightly.
- If you have bought them very green, you can wrap them in newspaper and leave them in a bowl at room temperature to ripen. Never in the fridge.
- Cut the avocados in half to the bone and rotate each part separating the two halves.
- We use a plastic spoon to empty the two parts and leave the bone in the same source where we are going to put the avocado.
How to mix the avocado for a perfect guacamole
- The ingredients are crushed with a plastic or wooden fork and in a plastic bowl. In this way we avoid oxidation and get a more or less irregular paste with stumbles.
- We add the lime juice directly on the avocado and start crushing with the fork.
- We add two tablespoons of fresh coriander leaves. If they are very large, we cut them directly with our hands.
- We mix everything with the tomato and onion that we have reserved and a pinch of salt.
- We chop the serrano chile very fine. I usually wear gloves because spicy can be dangerous if you later rub your eyes. We add it to the mixture and put everything together with a wooden spoon with enveloping movements so as not to vary the irregular texture of our sauce.
Preparation of the prawns
- We remove the skin and the head of the prawns and reserve them for another preparation, a broth for a seafood rice would be a perfect option. We make a cut to the prawns along their back to remove the guts and reserve them.
- In a frying pan, heat a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. Add the prawns and sauté for a few minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- We make them just enough for them to change color, and remove shrimp. We should not overcook the prawns as we want them to have all their flavor and texture a little al dente.
- We cut them into more or less equal pieces, which are large so that they can be seen in the cream. We reserve.
Prawns and final presentation of guacamole
- We try in case it is necessary to add a little more spice and salt. Remember that we are going to take it with tortilla chips or corn triangles. All this has salt and we are going to use it as spoons, so don’t go over salty.
- We add the pieces of prawns (we leave 2 or 3 for the decoration in the source) and we stir everything very well so that the flavors come together.
- Place the guacamole in a bowl with the reserved prawns on top. And a little more coriander to give color.
- Accompany with tortillas or corn triangles. And if you want a super Mexican touch, a good michelada to accompany and drink while enjoying this guacamole with prawns.
Enjoy it and do it at home, you will tell me the result, for sure, delicious.
I encourage you to visit more recipes for tapas, snacks and pinchos perfect to enjoy with yours. You can see all the photos of the step by step in the next album.
If you want to do it in a more traditional way, I recommend you watch this video.