- 45 minutes
- For 10 people
- € 1 / person
This is a true adult delight: spicy chocolate tart with raspberries . Do not tell me that your mouth does not water, the fresh sensation of raspberry together with a piece of chocolate spiced and sweet at the same time, and if also part of the cake is a crisp citrus biscuit and toasted nuts… uff , for me it is almost perfect. Well, this is the cake that I have prepared for my girlfriend for her birthday, I think the party started well. I encourage you to fall into temptation.
Chocolate in Mexico is usually taken with a spicy touch, each house has its own delicious recipe seasoned with its favorite spices. Cocoa is an ingredient of contrasts, spices and salt flakes give it a point that enhances its flavor and makes those who know how to appreciate good chocolate enjoy it more and better. And already in the Panegírico al chocolate , Castro de Torres (captain.), Manuel Pérez de Guzmán and Boza (marquis of Jerez de los Caballeros) quoted these worthy words:
” I say about chocolate. O mighty Name! that when you dream in my ears, From the belly the sea you calm stormy, And the concave regions thunder. Oh three and four times fortunate. He who steps on deserves the sands. From the South Sea, from the immortal Juaraca. Where such treasure the Indian takes out. ”
Even the illustrious Hernán Cortés quoted countless times: ” A single cup of chocolate strengthens the soldier so much that he can walk all day without having to take any other food “, it is not necessary for me to tell you more, you can browse Tiramisú’s recipe and Why is it called that. Rogue is fair, and it is that chocolate helps to be happy, so do not hesitate to put an ounce of good chocolate in your daily diet. You will not regret falling into temptation and dare with this cake.
Preparation of the crispy biscuit base
- We melt the butter using the microwave, so it is faster. With the mincer we crush the cookies (if you did not have, in a kitchen cloth we throw the cookies, wrap and crush them with a tablespoon or something heavy, it is not so fine but it serves the same) and we add the melted butter on top. For the biscuit base I have used some Digestive type biscuits with soy and very rich oranges, but the typical Maria also serve, at your choice.
- We toast the nuts that we like the most and the sesame seeds in a baking tray at 180º C for 5 minutes, just enough to release their oils and aromas and leave them with a crispier touch. We chop them in the same way as the cookies and add to the previous dough.
- We distribute and distribute on the base of a large removable mold. Press against the bottom with the help of a spoon or with your fingers. And we put them in the oven at 180º for about 10 minutes so that they harden.
- While it hardens we are preparing the Mexican chocolate cream.
Preparation of the chocolate base cream
- Add the cream and whole milk to heat in a saucepan over low heat for about 5 minutes. When it is hot (without boiling, just hot) we add the 70% chocolate of the brand that you like the most and 2 heaping tablespoons of pure cocoa. Leave on low heat that melts everything for another five minutes, help yourself with a wooden spoon or a silicone spatula.
- In a bowl we put the eggs and sugar. Beat until smooth, creamy and not too frothy.
- We put the oven to heat at 180ºC, so that when we put the cake the temperature is uniform.
- When the chocolate has melted with the cream, turn off the heat and set the mixture aside. Add the eggs and sugar, mix well (for 2 or 3 minutes) and let stand off the heat.
- Chop two cayenas and add them to the cream with freshly ground black pepper and a few flakes of salt. Stir with the spatula without beating, just to mix and add its flavor to the cream.
- Once we have the cream ready, we let it cool for 10 minutes. It is very important that both the cream and the biscuit base are warm because if you do not add it to the tart container, the biscuit can rise and annoy the tart. We place the cream with a soup ladle little by little on the biscuit base and we put it in the oven at 180º C for about 40 minutes (it depends on the oven, mine is electric but in the gas oven a little more, it still uses the fork trick). We puncture the cake and when it comes out clean the cake is done.
- If the cake goes up do not worry (the oven swells part of the cake because it is not a pudding but not a cake), you just have to let it cool in the same oven off for 10 minutes and it will go down. The surface cracks but it is not dramatic either since we will cover it with more chocolate… come on it is the bomb (caloric).
How to decorate the cake
- Toast the rest of the nuts in a frying pan with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and when they begin to brown, remove to a plate.
- We smear the surface with cocoa cream and hazelnuts, just to cover the surface, do not overdo it either because if you do not know too much about Nutella (which is the one I used) and what we want is that it has a touch, but that it tastes like chocolate. the baked cream. And finally sprinkle with the chopped and roasted nuts until covering the entire surface.
- And the final touch, some delicious rich raspberries to give it a touch of color and also fruit flavor. Chocolate does great with fruit, especially red berries. Try other combinations with seasonal fruit: strawberries, blueberries, blackberries …
And voila! the cake is already done, we let it cool a few hours in the fridge before eating. It is best to accompany it with whipped cream, our favorite ice cream or a good coffee or tea. And here you have dear friends, a delicious cake at a good price and above all very simple.