- 45 minutes
- For 4 people
- 3.1 € / person
- 245kcal per 100g.
How to make sea bass in seafood sauce.
This recipe for sea bass a la marinera is very simple and can be prepared with other white fish to your liking. This seafood sauce is a classic in the kitchen, delicious and with all the flavor that the sea provides.
And it is that within the recipes called “ of a lifetime ”, the one that surely is not missing from the list is the one that prepares fish accompanied by seafood sauce . Although within this preparation there are countless ways of making it, one of the simplest and tastiest is the one shown below.
The broth that the clams and fish will form in their preparation with the tomato sauce , form a sauce with all the aroma and flavor of the sea .
Preparing a sea bass in seafood sauce is, without a doubt, a sure bet for success, a perfect fish recipe for any time when you enjoy traditional cuisine.
Before cooking the clams
- It is essential to remove the sand that clams usually bring so that it is not bothersome and does not spoil the recipe.
- It is convenient to have them about three hours before cooking them in a saucepan or large plastic container.
- We must add water, a good handful of coarse salt (50 grams per liter of water) and change the water three or four times.
- Clams drink and often drop a lot of sand. Do not panic because it is a sign that the clam is of good quality, directly brought from the sand of the Ría de Pontevedra.
- Try to buy the live clams and cook them the same day you are going to cook. So you take advantage of the good quality of the clam and at lunchtime it will be ready.
- This process serves for the clams to expel the impurities and sand that they have inside. When we go to use them, we wash them in cold water.
Preparation of sea bass in seafood sauce
- We ask our fishmonger to clean the corvina for us, to remove the viscera and scales and cut it on our backs. We reserve.
- In a large saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the julienned onions and the diced garlic cloves.
- We fry the vegetable at medium low temperature until it is very soft and poached.
- Add the crushed tomato and cook the sauce for 25 minutes over medium / low heat.
- We must stir the sauce from time to time to avoid sticking to the bottom of the saucepan.
- Add the white wine and let it cook in the sauce for 5 minutes.
- We salt and incorporate the fish broth that we have reserved.
- Add the corvina loins and the clams well washed and drained to the casserole. Cover the casserole and cook for 8-10 minutes.
- At this time the fish will be ready and the clams will have opened.
- We can sprinkle the corvina stew in sauce on top with chopped parsley and ready to serve.
My suggestion is to serve it warm and accompany it with a side of baked potatoes or roasted potatoes .
Here you have a step by step in photos where I show how to prepare this recipe for sea bass in seafood sauce . Do not miss any detail so that it comes out delicious and the first time. Remember that you also have a video of this recipe.
Tips for a sea bass in a yummy sauce
- This corvina stew in seafood sauce is impressive. With a loin and a half or 2 loins per person, you will have more than enough. In addition, the sauce is great with what you will need a good bread to accompany, to dip and to dip again.
- If the occasion deserves you can add a few prawn tails to the recipe, it will be great for a little more seafood flavor. Corvina will become a party dish.
- It is also a luxury dish at a very good price, perfect for a holiday lunch or dinner. But also a way to eat fish on the daily menu. One more idea to eat a yummy.
- Corvina is a fish with great versatility in cooking. We can prepare it in many ways: in stews such as corvina in sauce or in seafood sauce (as this time), in Peruvian ceviche , the traditional baked corvina , the most delicious corvina with papillote , grilled, steam, etc.