- 45 minutes
- For 4 people
- 3.5 € / person
- 198kcal per 100g.
How to prepare a baked sea bream with almonds .
One of the fish recipes that I like the most is, without a doubt, the sea bream.
Although most of the time I usually cook it in the oven, I have to say that there are many different recipes that allow me to vary its preparation, thus trying new flavors and textures to accompany this fish.
Today I have cooked baked sea bream with almond sauce , it is an option different from the classic accompaniment of vegetables that provides a crisp touch to the meat of this delicate fish.
It is nothing more than preparing a garnish based on onion, bacon and sliced almonds, flavored with white wine, lemon and parsley, which will then finish cooking accompanying the gilt-head bream in the oven .
At home, gilthead bream is one of the fish we consume the most, whether it is gilded in salt or simply with a bed of onion and potatoes , Mediterranean-style, with olives , Menorcan or Marseillaise . It is always a very handy, fast and super tasty food.
As I always tell you, in the market we can easily get gilthead breasts at a good price almost all year round, it is true that they will be farmed, so a bit more than if they were just caught in the sea, but still it is a fish worth consuming.
The soft and delicate texture of its meat, its minimal fat content and its great flavor, make this fish a perfect option to achieve a healthy and balanced diet.
Baked sea bream preparation with almond sauce
- We ask our fishmonger that there will be the gilthead as a book, in two halves.
- At home we wash it lightly and dry it with kitchen paper. We salted inside and reserved.
- Peel the onion and dice it. Chop the bacon into thin strips and chop the parsley.
- In a wide frying pan, heat 3 or 4 tablespoons of olive oil. When we see that it is hot, add the onion and sauté it for 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped bacon and the sliced almonds. We cook at medium temperature until we see that the ingredients begin to brown.
- Add the glass of white wine and a splash of lemon juice and let the alcohol evaporate for 2 minutes. Sprinkle with the chopped parsley and reserve.
- In a dish suitable for the oven pour 2 tablespoons of olive oil and spread over the bottom.
- We place the gilthead with the two halves open and distribute the sauce over the entire surface of the fish.
- With the previously hot oven we bake for 20 minutes at 180º C.
Remove from the oven and serve the bream accompanied by some boiled potatoes and a tomato salad .
It is a complete dish so that with fish and accompaniments we would not need more to have a balanced, healthy and delicious meal.
Be sure to enjoy all the recipes for fish and seafood that we have on the blog. You can see all the photos of the step by step in the next album .