- 60 minutes
- For 4 people
- € 2 / person
- 270kcal per 100g.
How to make chicken to the planter .
Among the set of meat recipes on the blog, those that I prepare with chicken occupy an important position, both in terms of quantity and variety of recipes.
The recipes with chicken are also one of my favorites, an economic and healthy alternative to prepare great dishes at home.
Chicken in pepitoria , with beer , with curry , an English chicken pie , chicken with couscous , or even some chicken meatballs , are fun and different options to enjoy this type of meat.
Today I bring you the recipe for chicken in the garden , a simple chicken stew combined with vegetables that, in addition to being very easy to prepare, is inexpensive and healthy.
For any recipe with chicken meat we have the possibility to use the whole and chopped chicken or select the parts that we like the most.
I advise you, if you have not yet done so, to take chicken meat into account in your menus. It is a healthy and economical alternative for the daily life of the whole family.
Preparation of the chicken to the gardener
- We begin by cleaning the chicken, for that we will remove the skin and the remaining fat that it may have.
- We heat a splash of olive oil and brown the chicken to seal it on all sides. Remove from the casserole and reserve.
- In the same casserole, in the same oil that we have used to seal the meat, we fry the onion. This should be cut petite in bruniose and garlic. If we see that it is necessary, we would add 1 or 2 more tablespoons of olive oil to the sauce.
- We cook the onion for about 5 minutes before adding the red pepper and diced carrots. Add the bay leaf and continue the sauce for about 15 minutes, until we see that the vegetables are soft.
- Add the peas to the casserole and continue cooking the vegetables for 5 more minutes.
- If what we are going to use are frozen peas, I advise you to thaw them before. It is important that we have left them for 15 or 20 minutes before incorporating them out of the freezer.
Chicken stew cooking and final presentation
- Add the wine to the sauce. We let the alcohol evaporate for 2 or 3 minutes before adding the peeled and chopped tomatoes.
- We also incorporate the chicken and salt.
- We water with the chicken stock or water. We cook for about 20 or 25 minutes until the meat is very tender. We serve at the table very warm.
- It is a very simple dish that will be perfect accompanied by fried or cooked potatoes or a little bit of simply cooked white rice.
The sauce speaks for itself, so it won’t take much more to enjoy a yummy meal.
You can see all the photos of the step by step of the chicken recipe to the gardener in this album. Do not miss any detail and you will get a chicken to the yummy planter.
Tips for a Yummy Planter Chicken
- In the case of the garden chicken that I have prepared today, I have used only stilts and counter-stilts, the most successful parts at home.
- Using selected parts, breasts or stilts, we achieve a minimum waste in the total result of the dish.
- And if we opt for the option of removing the skin to cook them, the amount of fat that this meat will contribute to the dish will be minimal.
- The amount of broth that we use in the chicken to the gardener will depend on the casserole that we are going to use. We will use just the broth to cover the chicken, if we do not have broth, you can do it with water.
- If the sauce is too loose, we can thicken it by diluting a little (one teaspoon) of cornstarch in a glass with a little of the sauce. Then we will incorporate the chicken, always optionally.
- In this recipe we have opted for some microwaved potatoes. Although these meatballs do not need more than a garnish of fried potatoes, white rice , a good mashed potato or the like to get a complete meal. A very tasty first complete dish perfect for the weekly menu.