- 90 minutes
- For 8 people
- € 4 / person
- 290kcal per 100g.
How to prepare a roast beef brisket . Whenever we prepare a delicious baked beef at home it does not have to be synonymous with expensive or laborious.
One of the meat recipes that we like the most at home and that is not only cheap but also one of the dishes that wins overnight, we refer to the roast beef brisket. We found that using one of the cheapest parts of the veal, we got a top-quality roast, just like baked chicken and pork roast , they are 2 classics on our weekly menu.
The meat of this area of the animal, when carrying the bone, makes it very juicy when baked, so that the elaboration process is no more complicated than deciding what type of sauce we are going to make to accompany it.
It is a classic and traditional dish , both for its process and for its ingredients, a simple baking process giving it its time, and a sauce with traditional ingredients, chives and garlic flavored with bay leaf, thyme parsley and white wine.
Although I have mashed the sauce before adding it to the meat for baking, we could perfectly skip this step, finding the vegetables would be a perfect alternative. With few ingredients and all of them inexpensive, we can enjoy a barbecue like those of the grandmothers, those of a lifetime, without complications.
Preparation of the roast beef brisket
- Chop the meat, season it and reserve.
- Peel the chives and garlic and cut into cubes. Heat 4 tablespoons of olive oil in a large frying pan and add the onion, garlic, bay leaf and chilli.
- Fry for 7 to 8 minutes, until the onion begins to soften.
- Add the chopped parsley and thyme sprigs and continue to poach the vegetables until they are very soft, for about 15 more minutes over medium heat.
- Add the wine and vinegar to the pan and continue cooking until the alcohol has evaporated and season with salt and pepper. We remove the bay leaf and pass the sofrito through the mixer. This step is optional, there is no problem in using the sauce with the tripping of the vegetables.
- We place the meat already chopped and seasoned in a baking dish. We water the meat with the sauce that we have crushed.
- Add water until the meat is covered and bake, with the oven already preheated, at 180º C, with heat up and down, for 30 minutes.
- We remove the source from the oven and turn each of the pieces of meat over.
- We continue baking for 45 more minutes. We finish the process with 10 minutes of grill to brown the pieces.
We serve the meat with a portion of fried potatoes that we will water with part of the roast sauce. With minimal work we can enjoy a traditional dish of yummy.
I recommend you accompany the roast with the most useful and used garnish in our country, potatoes .
Be sure to enjoy all the recipes with meat that we have on the blog.
You can see all the photos of the step by step in the next album.